584,817 active members*
4,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Error codes chinese vfd.

Hybrid View

Error codes chinese vfd.

Hi there fellow hobby and professional people.

I have a vfd what I try to get to work with a spindle motor 24000 rpm 1.5kW.

However it does not, I have setup for 400 hz max and start on 100hz.

the error I get is a blinking display complaining about a P.oFF error.

The manual says nothing about it but maybe it is a power related error.
    Also this vfd has also no connection for a break resistor, maybe only the 380v 3 fase has..

Someone maybe a idea or experience, I can maybe reapir if it is electronics
    because I do work with it, incl smd..

thanks in advance.

kees
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenHunter 971.jpg  

Re: Error codes chinese vfd.

Quote Originally Posted by kees60 View Post
    Hi there fellow hobby and professional people.

I have a vfd what I try to get to work with a spindle motor 24000 rpm 1.5kW.

However it does not, I have setup for 400 hz max and start on 100hz.

the error I get is a blinking display complaining about a P.oFF error.

The manual says nothing about it but maybe it is a power related error.
    Also this vfd has also no connection for a break resistor, maybe only the 380v 3 fase has..

Someone maybe a idea or experience, I can maybe reapir if it is electronics
    because I do work with it, incl smd..

thanks in advance.

kees
    Manufacturer's name and Model VFD Drive Spec's ????

That's quite normal to have not Braking Resistor input for cheap VFD Drives

Are you using 380V 3Ph is the drive and spindle both 380v rated ????
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Manufacturer's name and Model VFD Drive Spec's ????

That's quite normal to have not Braking Resistor input for cheap VFD Drives

Are you using 380V 3Ph is the drive and spindle both 380v rated ????
    Hi Mactec.

The vfd is of type XT350/2.2kW-220 volts single to three fase for 220v spindle 1.5 kW 24000 rpm.

On the vfd I have is a sticker saying 35022G1J7S251B and is very well made for a Chinese one.

It is from ebay bought 2 years ago but never use it, but now I was some curious how that do work for selling it.

I ahev connect it the right way, but not other stuff, so only the 220 volt input and the three fase output to motor is connected, I have
    no manual, can not find it anymore.

I get a error, with or without the motor from display P.oFF blinking, I can however setup frequenties and such.

These vfd have some to extended setup posibillitys, Iike simple, one chip, some mosfets or igbt and a dynamisch current feedback with
    clock input for rpm and off switch, I have such a design done some time ago.

If you can help me out, I am gratefull, if not, still gratefull..

regards

Hi Mactec.

The vfd is of type XT350/2.2kW-220 volts single to three fase for 220v spindle 1.5 kW 24000 rpm.

On the vfd I have is a sticker saying 35022G1J7S251B and is very well made for a Chinese one.

It is from ebay bought 2 years ago but never use it, but now I was some curious how that do work for selling it.

I ahev connect it the right way, but not other stuff, so only the 220 volt input and the three fase output to motor is connected, I have

I get a error, with or without the motor from display P.oFF blinking, I can however setup frequenties and such.

These vfd have some to extended setup posibillitys, Iike simple, one chip, some mosfets or igbt and a dynamisch current feedback with

regards
    What are the Parameter letters used to set the Parameters ???

A photo of the VFD I may have a manual that will match up, you can add a photo by using ( G0 Advanced ) next to Post a Quick Reply
    Mactec54

Hi Mactec.

regards
    What is the VFD Drive Manufacturer's Name ???
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    What is the VFD Drive Manufacturer's Name ???
    I have it from ebay in 2018 and never used, I do not now the manufacturer, I have found a
    manual who has the right parameter letters.

I have inclosed some pics and manual who did fit mine parameters,.

All_the_man

I have seen this but it is not the same vfd, the error is the same, can not use that, I have
    also write to a alibaba manufacurer for this kind of vfd, he do help me find it.

the pic included was for spindel setup, piece from the zip file. this vfd can be used with drive cards or pot also.

I have it from ebay in 2018 and never used, I do not now the manufacturer, I have found a

All_the_man

I have seen this but it is not the same vfd, the error is the same, can not use that, I have
    also write to a alibaba manufacurer for this kind of vfd, he do help me find it.

the pic included was for spindel setup, piece from the zip file. this vfd can be used with drive cards or pot also.
    Yes we should be able to figure out something with that manual and you photo

If you have it apart, check all the soldered joints on the main IGBT board have a good look at the caps / soldered joints even the small ones

- - - Updated - - -

All_the_man

Yes we should be able to figure out something with that manual and you photo

If you have it apart, check all the soldered joints on the main IGBT board have a good look at the caps / soldered joints even the small ones
    Mactec54

There is a Youtube video entitled reason for and solving P.oFF VFD message, only problem, for me at least, it is in Hindi or some similar language, you may be able to glean something from it, maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4KZQi4eyk
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

I have found it.

It was a undervoltage error, it can be adjusted with setup, I dod set it to 180 volts because it was on 280 volts. I have setup also the currents, rpm etc, watch out
    for these because it is a HF spindle set the currents the right way and let is spin up in 5 seconds.

https://youtu.be/OUTqBJS3z68

The joints where oke, it was quite good made, caps glue,ed and such.

The sound is a little loud that is because of the camera who mic can not be adjusted, you hear the loud cooling fan also.

sounds as a flying jet, but have set now also carrier frequency to 8 Khz, that helps a lot..

Thanks guys with thinking with me.

I have found it.

It was a undervoltage error, it can be adjusted with setup, I dod set it to 180 volts because it was on 280 volts. I have setup also the currents, rpm etc, watch out
    for these because it is a HF spindle set the currents the right way and let is spin up in 5 seconds.

https://youtu.be/OUTqBJS3z68

The joints where oke, it was quite good made, caps glue,ed and such.

The sound is a little loud that is because of the camera who mic can not be adjusted, you hear the loud cooling fan also.

sounds as a flying jet, but have set now also carrier frequency to 8 Khz, that helps a lot..

Thanks guys with thinking with me.
    You have to set the voltage Parameters for motor rated volts, not your main power supply volts

8 Khz is the max for these spindles my be able to go to 10 Khz but watch for over heating
    Mactec54