585,722 active members*
4,272 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 4 234

Re: X axis is off center

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post

I have not disagreed with any method anyone uses, so why the fuss (chair)
    No matter how you do it, there is still metal to metal contact and some damage will happen to the cutter especially if your cutter is carbide, HSS is a little more forgiving
    I don't want to muddy this thread any further and I'm done after this , but is the above not disagreeing , or the dump you took on cadcam and his teaching skills ?

you can make assumptions of another man's capabilities , except any assumption will probably be a fools assumption

...X files
    Paper your plastic..rock the house

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    I don't want to muddy this thread any further and I'm done after this , but is the above not disagreeing , or the dump you took on cadcam and his teaching skills ?

you can make assumptions of another man's capabilities , except any assumption will probably be a fools assumption
    Are no it is not disagreeing with anything, it's just a statement saying what happens when you use this method, which is known throughout the industry, this is not something I came up with or even care about

I do know one thing, that this method you use is primitive and in efficient for todays standards, For under $500 gets you a 3D probe that can work with any machine

Everything you have posted is not relevant to this thread, this is not about you and what you do or can do (nuts)

The Op started this thread and wanted help with his probing and work setup, not about you what you do or your method
    Mactec54

your nuts
    good luck with your piece of plastic

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    your nuts
    good luck with your piece of plastic
    Nuts yes everyone is a little Nuts so that's a good label

As I said I use Probes so don't have to roll the Dowel or use the plastic which is good for anyone just starting to learn how to do manual Z axis offsets
    Mactec54

Nuts yes everyone is a little Nuts so that's a good label

As I said I use Probes so don't have to roll the Dowel or use the plastic which is good for anyone just starting to learn how to do manual Z axis offsets
    Well this conversation continues to go forward. I am not worried about my methods of teaching or doing. I continue to help other's grow in there careers that make me feel good.

If I can help I will.
    Mactec54 thank you for your opinion I think it has been well noted. I am sure we will see again here or at one of the shows again.

Quick not I will be closing this topic as it has gone it way.
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)
    Cadcam
    Software and hardware sales, contract Programming and Consultant , Cad-Cam Instructor .

Page 4 of 4 234