585,925 active members*
3,452 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Hello, Everyone. I Need to Purchase a HIGH-QUALITY Laser Fume Extractor.

Hello, Everyone. I Need to Purchase a HIGH-QUALITY Laser Fume Extractor.

Hello, Everyone. I own a small home-based manufacturing business that we run out of our home. We cut most of our materials with laser and are just starting to use a benchtop CNC.

One of our main materials is a really strange plastic called Casein. It's actually made from a mammal protein, so when it is cut with laser it stinks something awful. I've heard that the smell is similar to cutting leather with a laser.

I need to purchase a high-quality laser filtration system that can remove as close to 100% of the odor and fumes from the exhaust. I'm just beginning to research this project. I don't mind spending top dollar if necessary. My laser unit is an Epilog, which is one of the top consumer machines on the market, and not cheap to purchase.

If possible, my budget is $500-1000, new or used. I see a lot of consumer filtration units on Amazon and elsewhere, but my sense is that I may have to look in the commercial market. I'm shopping quality and performance, not price.

I appreciate any insights and links you might supply.

Thank You Very Much,

Scott

Re: Hello, Everyone. I Need to Purchase a HIGH-QUALITY Laser Fume Extractor.

Hi,

One of our main materials is a really strange plastic called Casein.
    Casein was one of the very earliest plastics, along with Bakelite, aka phenolic impregnated paper. For many years New Zealand did a roaring trade in getting Casein
    from milk and exporting it. Can't really imagine there is much call for it these days, but we used to export by the boatload when I was young, a long time ago now.
    One common use for it was knife handles and other kitchen utensils...and it stinks like hell if you accidentally char it.

Craig

Type1 ,type 2 ,air fan +fiter .

Hi Scott,
    I am a laser equipment supplier in China, most of our customers are having laser equipment with a fume extractor. Here is my Whatsapp: +8615387106075

Hello Scott,

Our company is a professional manufacturer of laser engraving machines. The laser engraving machines, smart air pumps, and smart dust boxes we currently sell have New Year discounts. If you are interested, you can come to our official website to see if there is anything suitable for you. Laser engraving machine?
    AlgoLaser official website URL: https://algolaser.com/
    Best Regards!