584,802 active members*
4,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma MX45 smal stop
Page 1 of 2 12

Okuma MX45 smal stop

When i try to mill a cirkle or a line. The machine make a smal stop for each raw in prg. I think its some parameter i need to change. Someone who know this issue ?

Re: Okuma MX45 smal stop

If I understand correct:
    Your shape on alluminum consists of arcs and straight segments and you want perfect surface without marks where arc is connected to straight line. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    If I understand correct:
    Your shape on alluminum consists of arcs and straight segments and you want perfect surface without marks where arc is connected to straight line. Right?
    Hi

Sorry i not understand to answer you ???? I milling on steel and if i go like this prg
    G00 X0 Y0
    G01 X0 Y200
    G01 X0 Y300
    The machine make a very smal stop for each raw in prog.
    Same if i make a hole. It will stop on each 360 degree

Krg
    GG

hy angorgus use this at the begining of your program : VINPX=0.0 VINPY=0.0 VINPZ=0.0 (VINPA=0.0)

if it doesn't work, then try to check your tolerance parameters / kindly

ps : hy bunny

Quote Originally Posted by deadlykitten View Post
    hy angorgus use this at the begining of your program : VINPX=0.0 VINPY=0.0 VINPZ=0.0 (VINPA=0.0)

Hi

Thanks i will try this. Do you know the system parameter i maybe need to change ?
    Krg
    GG

Hi again !! It work 95%... it still make a very very smal stop. I will try moore tomorrow.
    Krg
    GG

hello again using vinp=0 may be dangerious, and may lead to interference ( for example when drilling/tapping multiple holes ); try using 0.013, and if you will ever need to deliver something more accurate, then simply lower that value; do you know how vinp works ? do you wish for more explanations ?

for the rest 5%, please share more details / kindly

ps : thank you mr wizard for your lessons

hello again using vinp=0 may be dangerious, and may lead to interference ( for example when drilling/tapping multiple holes ); try using 0.013, and if you will ever need to deliver something more accurate, then simply lower that value; do you know how vinp works ? do you wish for more explanations ?

for the rest 5%, please share more details / kindly

ps : thank you mr wizard for your lessons
    Hi please explain for me how VIN* works. I try to send you a video but i get error....

Krg
    GG

most toolpaths are a row of geometrical entities : lines & arches; let's simplify and consider that there are only lines; now, let's simplify even more, and consider that there are only 2 lines, perpendicular : one among x, and other among y, and each line's length is 100; coordinates :
    ... line 1 : point A(0,0) point B(100,0)
    ... line 2 : point B(100,0) point C(100,150)

in reality, when machine will begin to cut line 2, it won't be at point B, but a bit before it; machining, cutting, is not about absolute values, but about relative values; for example, if the machine will begin cutting line 2 when being at coordinate:
    ... (99.998,0), thus at B-0.002, thus in a vecinity of 0.002 arround B, then i guess you will be satisfied
    ... (90,0), thus in a vecinity of 10 arround B, then i guess you will have questions

vinp is a parameter for vecinity :
    ... vinpx : for x axis
    ... vinpz : for z axis
    and so on, there is a vinp for each axis, including rotary axis ( for example when having a 4th axis or a trunion ), and others

if you need to machine a dimension that is tolerated at 0.005, then it may be better to use vinp<0.005, but also, okuma machines are pretty steady in their own

your vinp value was too small, thus making the machine to lose time, by performing suplimentary check, thus machine was moving at a precision that was too much for your parts

for mills, lowest vinp is 0.001, and highest is between 1 and 10; vinp 0 doesn't mean that accuracy is at it's best, but that accuracy control is no longer done via parameter input from operator, thus, if you use vinp 0, then you no longer control the accuracy, but leave it to the cnc to decide on lathes, vinp 0 will actually trigger the best accuracy (<1um), while accuracy control mode is no longer toogled by vinp<>0, but by g code (65 64) / kindly

Quote Originally Posted by angorgus View Post
    When i try to mill a cirkle or a line. The machine make a smal stop for each raw in prg. I think its some parameter i need to change. Someone who know this issue ?
    Probably exact stop is turned ON....
    ( see if G61 is active, should be G64)- check codes 1st, I may be wrong

Or tolerance control is not set correctly
    Tolerance control is where the m/c slows down & speeds up at each endpoint,

hello again superman you are correct about those g codes

please, there is something that i don't understand; if i change vinp on a :
    ... lathe, nothing will happen, unless i use g65
    ... mill, then also real motion will change, even if i don't use g61; so what's the point of using g61 ? i have mill programs without g61, that begin with vinp 0, later change to custom vinp values, then revert to vinp 0, and they work; i know this trick from when mr wizard shared his oslow & ofast soubroutines

as a side note, i wonder why angorgus only hit 95%, and not full 100 / kindly

most toolpaths are a row of geometrical entities : lines & arches; let's simplify and consider that there are only lines; now, let's simplify even more, and consider that there are only 2 lines, perpendicular : one among x, and other among y, and each line's length is 100; coordinates :
    ... line 1 : point A(0,0) point B(100,0)
    ... line 2 : point B(100,0) point C(100,150)

in reality, when machine will begin to cut line 2, it won't be at point B, but a bit before it; machining, cutting, is not about absolute values, but about relative values; for example, if the machine will begin cutting line 2 when being at coordinate:
    ... (99.998,0), thus at B-0.002, thus in a vecinity of 0.002 arround B, then i guess you will be satisfied
    ... (90,0), thus in a vecinity of 10 arround B, then i guess you will have questions

vinp is a parameter for vecinity :
    ... vinpx : for x axis
    ... vinpz : for z axis
    and so on, there is a vinp for each axis, including rotary axis ( for example when having a 4th axis or a trunion ), and others

if you need to machine a dimension that is tolerated at 0.005, then it may be better to use vinp<0.005, but also, okuma machines are pretty steady in their own

your vinp value was too small, thus making the machine to lose time, by performing suplimentary check, thus machine was moving at a precision that was too much for your parts

for mills, lowest vinp is 0.001, and highest is between 1 and 10; vinp 0 doesn't mean that accuracy is at it's best, but that accuracy control is no longer done via parameter input from operator, thus, if you use vinp 0, then you no longer control the accuracy, but leave it to the cnc to decide on lathes, vinp 0 will actually trigger the best accuracy (<1um), while accuracy control mode is no longer toogled by vinp<>0, but by g code (65 64) / kindly
    Hi

I test 0,015 this not work. 0,005 is 95%..Is it not possible to get 100% no stop at all ?

Krg
    GG

hy, something is fishy, because 0.015 should work much faster than 0.005

0.005 - duration 1
    0.015 - duration 2
    0.150 - duration 3

in reality, duration 3 < duration 2 < duration 1, while, in your case, this is not happening

please, provide more data, or something, so to see what you see; what type of control do you have ? pls share testing program / kindly

Hi

I have test 0.005 and 0.015. 0.005 is working with very very smal stop. 0.015 is not working. I get smal stop.

Krg
    GG

pls share your test program

pls share your test program
    Hi

See my program

G95 S1000 F50 may be too much for vinp testing; that is close to rapid speed, and it may be possible that you are not even getting close to that feed during cutting

try this toolpath in xy plane : _|?|_|?|_|?|, no rad comp, keep things simple, be sure that you reach programmed feed, like for example, if line length is 100, then use a feed that will execute each line in 10 seconds; let's try S1000 F0.4, that's 400mm/min, so 100mm will execute in 1/4minutes; play with feeds, and vinp, but within a normal range

another simple toolpath in xz plane : |_|, z segment 100, x segment loooong, like close to max travel, and execute this in rapid; changing vinp should definetly show how 0.001 is slower than 0.1

sometimes it may be hard to spot a time difference, so a time system variable should help; try VC1=VDIN[1000]; if vdin does not work, then i don't know what does

you should look for a simple code, that will show how increasing vinp leads to less time duration / kindly

Why do you have active alarm? Maybe magazine interrupt is on? Please clear alarm. It seems as Superman says- exact stop is active. Did you check for M61? Are we seeing entire program with screen shot?

G94 may be desired on mill as stated.

Best regards,

hello mr wizard please, if i change vinp on :
    ... lathe, has no effect, unless g65 is used
    ... mill has immediat effect, even if i dont use g61

maybe at power on, lathe is g64(off), and mill is g61(on) ?

d alarm should have no effect / kindly

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Why do you have active alarm? Maybe magazine interrupt is on? Please clear alarm. It seems as Superman says- exact stop is active. Did you check for M61? Are we seeing entire program with screen shot?

G94 may be desired on mill as stated.

Best regards,
    Hi

We have test lot of parameters and codes but still get stop....how can i see if a code is active ? Exampel G60,61,64

Krg
    Göran

Page 1 of 2 12