Hi I just got a brand new to me but very used Hurco BMC40 with the Utilimax II control stuff.

When I power it up all I get is a blinking cursor in the lower left of the left screen.

Starting at the beginning I've checked input power everywhere I can. All the taps on the transformer read what they should. It was running just a few weeks ago. Although it was running 440 now its on 220. I hooked up the appropriate taps in the transformer primary and that all checks out so I don't think that's it.

It looks like the CPU power supply was replaced at some point All the rails check out on that. I think 24 volt might be a little high but not sure. I tried bumping the 5v rail to 5.1 as it was slightly under 5v (like 4.94v) and I've read other threads where things seem happier with a little more voltage.

I've tried reseating all the cables in both the cabinets and the operation station. Also reseated the boards in the backplane. This thing just got bounced down the highway on a semi so some stuff might have come loose.

It sounds like the operator screen stuff is basically a serial terminal. I'm not sure how to know if the computer portion is booting or not. With it being unpowered for the first time in ages its likely the CMOS battery or any other battery has gone flat but how would I even go about resetting the cmos settings on this thing? Would it be showing an error if that was the case.

The operator station has some suspect buttons that seem like they may be stuck down. Would that produce this no boot Blinky screen condition?

Hopefully there's still some folks out there that understand these old workhorses. Thank you in advance for any ideas!