584,814 active members*
5,331 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > trying to identify the best CNC router for wood works

Lightbulb trying to identify the best CNC router for wood works

Hello i am new to this machine and i am in a process of identifying one for my startup wood working company. I would like it to do most of my cabinet work inn MDF and also Hardwood but also for hardwood door panel designs and chairs and tables etcc. Is the Blue Elephant brand a reliable brand(from China)? what should i be looking out for?

Re: trying to identify the best CNC router for wood works

1325 ATC 2 tools engraving&cutting on cabinet door
    http://youtu.be/Y6lTDojkCJQ

I got mine from SaleCNC.com
    Good machine for wood... just make sure you know u have to get a broker for importing and will likely have some extra shipping fees.... I did.
    So you can add another $500 for import fees.

Otherwise if you are ambition enough... you can build your own from ebay parts.
    There are full leadscrew, bearing and rail sets along with motors, spindle & controllers... the frame can easily be built out of 8020 or raw materials.
    I'm planning to another machine... the frame & bed out of steel, then getting rest from ebay.

You should be gaining experience with creating CAD designs of the types of parts you will be making.Because if you buy a machine without that ability,it will be sitting there as a useless object until you can create the design and then the toolpath.There are some demo versions of software that you might be able to download and learn with.Once you have the designs,you can try generating toolpaths and watch them running on your computer with either the CAM program or you can download Camotics which will run a program while you watch what happens.
    You need to choose a way to hold the workpiece in place while the machining is going on and determine if you will need to make arrangements to avoid clamping devices or select a vacuum system.Take care and choose wisely.