Trying to make a duplicate hard drive for my new to me Hyundai HIT 8s 840C hard drive. Im using a StarTech Drive duplicator that Ive used to make duplicates of drives for my 840D control and my Milllplus control. The Millplus is also a DOS based control, never a problem. I made another Millplus copy today to make sure the duplicator is still working and it is. I have a 170meg hard drive installed in the 840C thats dates from 1996. The drive is seen by the StarTech but when I enter copy mode and initiate the duplicate, the 840C drive does not transfer any data to the target drive (I tried 2.1gb drives and 4gb drives that should work on DOS). Just sits at 0 data transfer. I also tried viewing the Drive on my older MAC osx box and it does not pop up, (this always works on other DOS/WIN95 WIN drives). Is there a hard drive/password copy control lock on 840C drives in Hyundai machines? I believe that this is the original hard drive. I put the drive back into the machine and it works as before. Really like to make a backup.

Anyone here ever successfully duped these drives? Do I need the exact same drive? Its a WD caviar 170mb HD. I see plenty of mentions of this on the Siemens support site and a few other places and everyone seems to think its dirt simple to do.