584,861 active members*
4,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Controller Cards > Novusun NVUM V2 Ethernet 6 Aexis control card

Novusun NVUM V2 Ethernet 6 Aexis control card

Hello,
    I would like to come back to a topic discussed on the forum if you will allow it, concerning the NVUM V2 ETHERNET controller and mache3 which no longer communicates and requests a .bin file
    I have the same problem and apparently there is no solution to this problem, isn't it?

So can you please advise me a reliable controller taking into account 6 axes and the SPINDLE and running on Mach3.
    Novice in the field
    Thank you in advance
    Regards,
    BTG

Re: Novusun NVUM V2 Ethernet 6 Aexis control card

Hi,
    I use Mach4 and have done for some years, it's a lot better than Mach3.

I use an Ethernet SmoothStepper (ESS) by WarpTD ($180). I use my own design and built breakout board but there are boards (one port) for as little as $23.00 up to three port boards,
    all singing, all dancing, for $180.

Mach4 and ESS will handle up to six coordinated axes with up to three slaves on each axis plus a spindle.

The ESS has both a Mach3 and a Mach4 plugin so you can use either. Its been so long since I've used Mach3 I cannot be sure that it has six axes, most certainly
    if it does then it cannot accommodate slaves on one or more axes whereas Mach4 can.

Craig

Depending on how many inputs you use, you may also look at the UC400eth with a couple of cheap bob's attached.

AXBB-e all in one is also a solution. Axis 5&6 need to go on port#3 with an extra bob.

Both are reliable as well as the ESS option.

If budget allows it then...Check out the CNCRoom website. ESS - MB3 combo may temp you. Or there's the UC300eth - UB1 combo.

Hello JOEAVAERAGE and DAZP1976
    Thank you for the references you have offered me, but it may discourage me to see that I will have to redo all the electrical connections, I would have liked a miracle to restart the NVUM V2.

Is the AXBB-E ethernet motion Controller European or US made, do you think it has the same faults as the Chinese NOVUSUM NVUM V2.

Best regards,
    BTG