584,319 active members*
6,094 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Fiber Laser Cutting Topics > Cutting Thin Sheet Metal on Fibre Laser Machine

Red face Cutting Thin Sheet Metal on Fibre Laser Machine

Hello to all and thanks in advance for any help and/or advice you are able to offer me.

We have two Mitsubishi fibre laser machines here. An NX-F 2kw and a GX-F 4kw. We manufacture gaskets and seals and have recently looked into other projects.

When it comes to cutting the thinner metals it proves to be tricky as the pressure produced when cutting moves the metal around and the cut quality and accuracy is lost.

I have looked at jigs but this is not always something that can be used. I wondered if there was anything else that had worked for anyone in similar situations? I did have an idea to fold the material over a row of the spikes and clamp it is give tension on the sheet maybe?

Any sensible suggestions will be gratefully received! Even some daft ones too! You never know!

Re: Cutting Thin Sheet Metal on Fibre Laser Machine

Quote Originally Posted by GasketGirl2015 View Post
    Hello to all and thanks in advance for any help and/or advice you are able to offer me.

We have two Mitsubishi fibre laser machines here. An NX-F 2kw and a GX-F 4kw. We manufacture gaskets and seals and have recently looked into other projects.

When it comes to cutting the thinner metals it proves to be tricky as the pressure produced when cutting moves the metal around and the cut quality and accuracy is lost.

I have looked at jigs but this is not always something that can be used. I wondered if there was anything else that had worked for anyone in similar situations? I did have an idea to fold the material over a row of the spikes and clamp it is give tension on the sheet maybe?

Any sensible suggestions will be gratefully received! Even some daft ones too! You never know!
    Hi,

What's the thickness of the thinner metal?

???? KB2000 ?? Tapatalk??