585,560 active members*
3,383 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > Assistance needed for the tools to mill 3D micro relieves in mold and die for medals

Assistance needed for the tools to mill 3D micro relieves in mold and die for medals

Hello,
    Hope you are doing well.

My name is Ronald and I'm looking for some suggestions or assistance regarding engraving tools to do the finishing in milling out 3D micro relieves for medal mold and die.
    Mostly this tools are used in reduction machines (pantograph) with smooth engraving strategies, but I work in a high precision CNC milling machine with its spindle rpm 50000. The workpiece material is Bohler K340 Steel, after stress relief state. I start with flat endmill and go with ball-nose endmill almost finishing it, but it really needs a conical or pyramid tool with such a small tip diameter to do a last finishing to catch all the details.

If anyone has experience with this, please contact me.

Kind regards,

Ronald

Re: Assistance needed for the tools to mill 3D micro relieves in mold and die for med

Have you tried Harvey Tool? They have things like that: https://www.harveytool.com/products/...pered---square
    Andrew Werby
    Website