Thanks fellas, I understand I need to know what’s forces I’m wanting to achieve, at this stage, I just wanted to get a rough idea of the cost of the Linear Motors system, to see whether it’s worth putting the time into planning any further. The amount of hours Iv spent searching for things, I could have designed a rotating ball nut bearing carrier..lol
Still, I do very much like the look of these Linear Motor tracks, with your suggestions in mind I will get some prices for the LMC. Iv looked through all the specs of the LMC series, there is 5 different models that achieve the same constant and peak N, but the peak Amps differs massively, so I’ve requested quotes for all those that have similar N specs to that LMC-EFE6.

Also asked for quotes on 25mm guide rails.
HG series(Heavy Load and SuperHeavy)(Precision grade C and P)(With and Without Dust Seals)
RG series with a few variables
QH series with a few variables.

Will post back when I hear back.

Regarding what I’m using the machine for.. the possibilities are endless.. immediately I will be machining timber, Oak Joinery and Green Oak Structures, Furniture, MDF, Ply, etc.. I also have some lumps of timber that are hard as hell, probably not far off Alu to machine.
But, i will push the limits of whatever machine I have, I will probably machine Alu, I’d like to be able to make things like a Ball Nut Bearing Carrier...lol
Working on the assumption I can just slow the feed speed and reduce material removal per pass when I machine harder things.
I’m also thinking I’ll add a Lathe at one end.. And AutoToolChange.. probably at a later date..