584,796 active members*
4,211 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Haas MiniMill shuts down without alarm

Haas MiniMill shuts down without alarm

Hi,
    We have an early model Mini Mill(2001). The machine will boot up and run, but in the middle of a cycle will shut down immediately without any alarm. It seems to happen when the machine is running a cycle. If it is on,but idle it doesn't shut down. Incoming voltage is 208. Thanks for any help!

Re: Haas MiniMill shuts down without alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    Hi,
    We have an early model Mini Mill(2001). The machine will boot up and run, but in the middle of a cycle will shut down immediately without any alarm. It seems to happen when the machine is running a cycle. If it is on,but idle it doesn't shut down. Incoming voltage is 208. Thanks for any help!
    Has this always run on the 208v supply, or is this a new install
    Mactec54

I have the same issue right now with a newly purchased (to me) 95' vf0. Narrowed it down today. Seems that the coolant circuit on the io board has an issue. I unglugged the coolant cable from the io board and machine runs without a hitch. Plug it back in and it may run one tool or a couple then unexpectedly shuts off completely. Turn it back on and alarm is 170 phase l1 and l2 lose.

Re: Haas MiniMill shuts down without alarm

Quote Originally Posted by Afkustoms View Post
    I have the same issue right now with a newly purchased (to me) 95' vf0. Narrowed it down today. Seems that the coolant circuit on the io board has an issue. I unglugged the coolant cable from the io board and machine runs without a hitch. Plug it back in and it may run one tool or a couple then unexpectedly shuts off completely. Turn it back on and alarm is 170 phase l1 and l2 lose.
    You have an input Power problem it is either low Power supply or it is dropping a Phase, are you using utility Power or a phase converter
    Mactec54