585,973 active members*
4,182 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Okuma LB15 - chuck clamping issues / solenoid.
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Okuma LB15 - chuck clamping issues / solenoid.

There is single manometer ant the line selector. You can select to indicate hidraulic pressure of Chuck, Turret and Tailstock - three positions.

Yeah that one sadly states zero all the time.. clamping or not clamping, thus i figure either oil is low or pressure is turned down.

if the chuck is still closing / opening ? or tailstock center? Maybe manometer is kaput?

It is moving but very slowly, and not really snappy i have no reference to look at how fast it should be.. so.. im making guesses here to what it can be.

set in the parameters the center work and check the tailstock center advance / retrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    set in the parameters the center work and check the tailstock center advance / retrack.
    You dont happen to know what parameters those would be?? Or should i go dig thru the manual.

Push the buttons scrool or whatever untill you see the choice "center work" or ask someone who is not afraid to push the button.

Ok, im not afraid of pushing buttons, but there is no such options, parameter or longword what i can find.. Thats why im asking.. :|

What machine you running?? This is a Okuma LB-15 - from 1984.. with OSP5000M-G controller.. most of it is very much not "scroll and push buttons".. or at least hasnt been so far..

Reading the manual, center work is flipped by the keyswitch, that is also indicating if the foot pedal for the support is gonna be active or not. :|

check the zero ( origin ) settings, I think it is on the same screen where you set chucking ID or OD.
    Key switch is also good. If you can chuck open / close and tailstok quill adwance / retract in MDI mode by commands, it's correct.
    The question is if hidraulic pressure is sufficient or not.
    Can you index the turret? If turret clamp / unclamp looks fast as must be?

Maybe stupid question, but still. There is really good Okuma representative in Sweden. The serviceman can diagnose, fix the lathe and you can learn from him a lot. Especially if the machine is IGF equipped, which is not effective learning without advice.

I have the Zero origin set about 100mm out from the chuck
    But i havent changed the chuck barrier value.. it statues 55 atm on the for chucking size..

I can index turret, i can open and close chuck in ID mode. I can move the tailstock just fine.

I got my hands on an alarms & errors list book today.. and this is the error i have.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210923_125330.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	470432

Trying to figure out what the "Panel input #6" is or for that matter the EC input #1..

But i tend to agree with you, this seems to be a settings issue somewhere in the machine that is left over or wrong. Everything else checks out.
    I turned up the pressure for the chuck on what i think is the knob for it, its now set to 20kg/cm it was set to 0 all the way down. Still the same error tho

There is no okuma representative for private endusers like me.. This is a used machine i bought as a non-company.. Swedish industrial companies will not even touch me with a 10ft poole sadly.
    And i have no plans on using the IGF so do not really care about it.

But atm, im thinking how would someone setup this machine for OD chucking, what is the steps to be controlled before a job?
    I guess one would need to check a couple of things before a job could be ran. And if i could get a checklist i could run thru them and see what changes.

The hydraulic tank is full btw, and the movement seem sluggish to me, but i dont have a reference tbh.

NeoTech- do You have LB Series lathe Maintenance Manual (publication 1676)? There is some information about EC bits and their description. You can write me PM Your email- I can send it to You.

test

Quote Originally Posted by GuntisK View Post
    NeoTech- do You have LB Series lathe Maintenance Manual (publication 1676)? There is some information about EC bits and their description. You can write me PM Your email- I can send it to You.
    I do not i have the 2567 (Operation and maintenance manual),

Can you open the page showing input / output state?
    Where you can see panel inputs ( key pressing ) pedal inputs and many sensor inputs. Check there. "Hidraulic Presure OK" should be there and "OD chucking selected" also.
    If I got correct - the maometer is in good working condition, right?

My idea is as follows:
    check the conditions mentioned on alarm description first. It is easy and the descriptio nis marked on statistical likelihood.
    So, at this case: if hidraulic pressure is not dropping when OD selected; if OD selection is correct and position of drawbar limit switches.

I am not sure if your OSP has this input screen.

No OSP5000 does not have a diagnose screen far as i know..

BUT!!.. i found the problem this evening.. was measuring my way thru the whole cabling from solenoid to relay, to key switch.. The keyswitch has a bad second contact, which results in a LED that dies, and that LED cuts the EC input to the PLC.. And after jiggling it a bit and seeing the LED coming onn.. the chuck works!!

So very much thank you all for being the rubberduck on this.

@noexit, see above for alarm 117.. you had the same issue you said.

Congratulations !

good job, i really have no clue how you pulled it out, but again, all good

Page 2 of 2 12