585,754 active members*
3,750 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: venting

Hybrid View

venting

OK I'm going to vent. After several years and several Hundreds of dollars of destroyed wood I've had my fill with Mach3 and ESS. I am sick and tired of the random lost communications and lack to zero support from either Mach or Wrap9. I've tried every suggestion I've seen on the boards, several different flavors of windows, computer and ethernet cards. I've turned off everything running, changed runtime priorities but Enough is enough Artsoft and Warp9. I don't know what the answer will be but I tired of putting significant time into engineering, designing, and gcodeing only to have your garbage software and hardware destroy material.

Re: venting

It took you a lot longer to get fed up with Mach3 than it did for me to get fed up with it. About a month screwing around with it before I tossed it.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: venting

Quote Originally Posted by bcourson View Post
    OK I'm going to vent. After several years and several Hundreds of dollars of destroyed wood I've had my fill with Mach3 and ESS. I am sick and tired of the random lost communications and lack to zero support from either Mach or Wrap9. I've tried every suggestion I've seen on the boards, several different flavors of windows, computer and ethernet cards. I've turned off everything running, changed runtime priorities but Enough is enough Artsoft and Warp9. I don't know what the answer will be but I tired of putting significant time into engineering, designing, and gcodeing only to have your garbage software and hardware destroy material.
    Mach3 as a control, is so simple you don't need any support. there are thousands of user's, so lots of help is available, it is not supported because it is now obsolete. and has been for a number of years Mach4 is what replaced it, but there are still thousands using it.

Most problems people have is wiring. this is what causes these problems, I have tried over the years to make it do what you are experiencing and can't make it fault.

If you are having a problem with Mach3, you would most likely have some problems with any other control as well, post some photo's of your wiring, I will see if there is anything obvious
    Mactec54