585,567 active members*
3,356 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Need Help!How to control spindle orientation in a BL Super servo amplifier?

Need Help!How to control spindle orientation in a BL Super servo amplifier?

I have a 20BA150FFWBO servo amplifier made by Sanyo Denki.
    It is the drive for the spindle of my TC-225 Tapping center. The original control has been removed from the machine so I need to make a new one, but unfortunately I'm not familiar with the analog amplifiers.
    So what is the method to set or control the orinetation of the spindle in case of analog amps?
    Any help would be great!

Re: Need Help!How to control spindle orientation in a BL Super servo amplifier?

It depends on how your machine controller works. Could be a prox sensor or encoder index pulse or possibly a combination of both. Normally all of the control is in the machine controller, the servo amp and thus the motor, just does what it is told to do by the machine controller. The normal analog command signal is a +/- 10V signal from the machine controller that controls the motor speed or torque.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Re: Need Help!How to control spindle orientation in a BL Super servo amplifier?

I know the amp gets the feedback of an incremental encoder from the motor, so actually the amp has the position of the shaft. I've already got the pinout of the three connectors of the drive (CN1,CN2,CN3) and I know CN1 is responsible for control. Pin #1,2,3,4 are for Negative and Positive command pulse (+-10V), so that part is clear. I just don't know, how to tell the amp, the exact position I want it to stop at!
    Pin #31,32 are for In Position Signal. Is this signal for command for orientation when speed is zero?
    If yes, how can I set the angle of the position?