585,902 active members*
3,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > SERVICE FOR CNC-MACHINES > Goodway lathe black screen shut down

Goodway lathe black screen shut down

Hi all , I have this goodway GTS150 which developed a problem of random shut downs to a black screen , then it would power on again on its own , it has now developed into a no power on situation , there is 24 vdc at the nc power on button but when I press on I get the KA32 relay on the I/O board clicking rapidly and no power on , the drives are all lit up , the 24 v power supply voltage also drops when I press the power on button , any help would be much appreciated . I'm thinking maybe a short on the 24v system somewhere ?
    Attachment 479082

Re: Goodway lathe black screen shut down

Quote Originally Posted by moss99 View Post
    Hi all , I have this goodway GTS150 which developed a problem of random shut downs to a black screen , then it would power on again on its own , it has now developed into a no power on situation , there is 24 vdc at the nc power on button but when I press on I get the KA32 relay on the I/O board clicking rapidly and no power on , the drives are all lit up , the 24 v power supply voltage also drops when I press the power on button , any help would be much appreciated . I'm thinking maybe a short on the 24v system somewhere ?
    Attachment 479082
    I found the issue , it was the head 2 ejector sensor wire had rubbed through and was shorting on a braided oil pipe,