585,735 active members*
4,802 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Transfer programs from laptop to Daewoo Lynx 200L

Transfer programs from laptop to Daewoo Lynx 200L

We have a Lynx 200 L and would like to transfer programs from a laptop to the machine. We have always programmed at the machine and nobody in the shop has experience transferring this data. Can anybody help us with a step by step guide through the process.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Darrell

Re: Transfer programs from laptop to Daewoo Lynx 200L

You need to make your own cable to start with. If i]the machine has a RS232 connector then it's relatively simple, buy some RS232 and DB9 connectors because it's your first time I imagine. Also get a DB9 to USB lead and then start soldering. You will need a DNC program to handle the data transfer, there are a few free options. Figure out your data transfer parameters, baud rate, handshake, parity etc and bingo!. Yeah it is fun to learn, I learned the hard way. Plenty of info online though, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjolly View Post
    You need to make your own cable to start with. If i]the machine has a RS232 connector then it's relatively simple, buy some RS232 and DB9 connectors because it's your first time I imagine. Also get a DB9 to USB lead and then start soldering. You will need a DNC program to handle the data transfer, there are a few free options. Figure out your data transfer parameters, baud rate, handshake, parity etc and bingo!. Yeah it is fun to learn, I learned the hard way. Plenty of info online though, good luck!
    Thanks for the info Jimmy. Will give it a whirl.

Hi darrellx,

If your Lynx has an Ethernet connector you could use the Fanuc - [ Program Transfer Tool ], it's a very cheap ( around 25 dollar ) software that transfer programs Up and Down to your PC - CNC.
    There's a video on the Fanuc Europe YouTube channel: Transfer programs with the Program Transfer Tool.
    Probably you need a [ CAT-Crossover cable ] for a direct connection between PC and CNC, not the normal CAT-cable via a router.

Hey Heavy Metal:

Thank you for your reply. We will give it a whirl.

Darrell

Hey Jimmy:

Thank you for your reply. Will give it a whirl.

Darrell

What Labtop do you have ?
    Does it have 9 pin com ports or only USB ?
    Most Fanucs have a 25/ pin output port and you can get a 25 pin to 9 pin NULL modem cable is the right term
    If you dont get a 25 to 9 pin and then a 9 pin to USB that can be bought online no issue with at least one piece being NULL modem
    Next commnication software and CIMCO is by far the best for this and its done it for over 25 yrs now and has a great Back plot and stuff for programs
    Check on the setting screen what channel you are on and then check first 1000 parameter area for the settings for each channel
    Good luck