584,865 active members*
5,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Huanyang HY02D223B error code

Huanyang HY02D223B error code

Hi,

When I plug in my new VFD, I get two zero's blinking and none of the buttons is responding. I can't find anything similar online or in the user manual.
    Anybody an idea what is wrong?

I attached a 2.2kw air cooled spindle. Error message is the same with or without the spindle connected.

Here is a video of the error : https://imgur.com/a/PyYpClA

Thanks guys and have a great weekend,
    Maarten

Re: Huanyang HY02D223B error code

Quote Originally Posted by Maslab View Post
    Hi,

When I plug in my new VFD, I get two zero's blinking and none of the buttons is responding. I can't find anything similar online or in the user manual.
    Anybody an idea what is wrong?

I attached a 2.2kw air cooled spindle. Error message is the same with or without the spindle connected.

Here is a video of the error : https://imgur.com/a/PyYpClA

Thanks guys and have a great weekend,
    Maarten
    When you said you plugged it in, are you using a regular single phase power plug, if so you may have damaged the VFD Drive by doing this, No plugging and unplugging with a Plug is allowed.

The VFD must be power up by using a switch to turn the main power to the drive on, damage can occur by using a Plug

How have you wired the input wires to the R S T Terminals ???
    Mactec54

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

First of all. It's single phase (220V) and it worked fine for a few days. I was able to change the parameters, the potmeter worked fine to control the spindle...
    Suddenly I get the error message when I turn the power on. It's just a switch on the power outlet.

Here is a picture of the wiring: https://imgur.com/a/qXhXSaO

The odd thing is that I can't find anything related to that error, not in the manual and not on the internet...

Kind regards,
    Maarten

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

First of all. It's single phase (220V) and it worked fine for a few days. I was able to change the parameters, the potmeter worked fine to control the spindle...
    Suddenly I get the error message when I turn the power on. It's just a switch on the power outlet.

Here is a picture of the wiring: https://imgur.com/a/qXhXSaO

The odd thing is that I can't find anything related to that error, not in the manual and not on the internet...

Kind regards,
    Maarten
    Ok your input power has to have a Ground / Earth, and for this VFD Drive needs to be connected to R Hot / Live and Neutral T plus Ground to the Ground terminal,

What country do you live in you said 220v

That's good the you have a switch that you are using, to turn it On / Off , this is not a normal fault, it is a fault that can happen when it is plugged in to a live outlet
    Mactec54

Hi,

Do you think the error will go away if I ground the device now, or is it broken forever?
    (update 1: it doesn't so far... :-()
    (update 2: I left it on for a few minutes and it came back to live!)

I'm from Belgium.

Thanks for your help! You earned yourself a coffee :-)
    Maarten

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

First of all. It's single phase (220V) and it worked fine for a few days. It's just a switch on the power outlet.

Maarten
    Out of interest, is this a 1ph and neutral or similar to N.A. two live conductors WRT earth GND?
    Also does the socket use a DP switch or a SP version?
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi Al,I'm curious, and I trust your experience, but please explain how a mechanical switch differs from a plug, as far as the electric hitting the VFD is concerned? I use plugs as switches temporarily testing servo drives and actually I have a big torrit 3 phase dust collector with a VFD and I plug and unplug it all the time. I know its not right, but little I do is. If it can really cause damage I will stop doing it, Im just trying to figure out why, assuming they are not under any motor load when plugged/unplugged.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    Out of interest, is this a 1ph and neutral or similar to N.A. two live conductors WRT earth GND?
    Also does the socket use a DP switch or a SP version?
    He is in Belgium ( 1 ) Hot Neutral Plus Ground 230v 50Hz supply
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Halfnutz View Post
    Hi Al,I'm curious, and I trust your experience, but please explain how a mechanical switch differs from a plug, as far as the electric hitting the VFD is concerned? I use plugs as switches temporarily testing servo drives and actually I have a big torrit 3 phase dust collector with a VFD and I plug and unplug it all the time. I know its not right, but little I do is. If it can really cause damage I will stop doing it, Im just trying to figure out why, assuming they are not under any motor load when plugged/unplugged.
    Well you should never do that, as sooner or later it will catch up with you and you will have a damaged the drive, I have seen people do this for years, with no problems and then that one day it is all over

Most VFD Drive manuals tell you not to do this, you can get a power surge or arcing, when pushing a plug into a live socket, this spike can be large enough to damage the input electronics of the VFD Drive
    Mactec54

Hi, Actually in my experience. I don't see the problem, I have done this often when testing VFD's, essentially you are breaking the circuit the same as a DP switch, where you cannot absolutely guarantee that both circuit conductors break exactly at the same point, any more than a mechanical contactor. or relay.
    The only rare occurrence could be when the socket is SP switched and the Live and neutral is crossed, but even then I don't see it from a technical point of view.
    If you are unplugging oe switching off, it will certainly pay to set the VFD to zero first.

Albert E.

Hi, Actually in my experience. I don't see the problem, I have done this often when testing VFD's, essentially you are breaking the circuit the same as a DP switch, where you cannot absolutely guarantee that both circuit conductors break exactly at the same point, any more than a mechanical contactor. or relay.
    The only rare occurrence could be when the socket is SP switched and the Live and neutral is crossed, but even then I don't see it from a technical point of view.
    If you are unplugging oe switching off, it will certainly pay to set the VFD to zero first.
    There have been post here on the Zone of VFD Drive failures from user's just plugging them in.

Yes any switches and contactors can be quite harsh when switching that is why VFD Drives / Servo Drives Etc. should have the Power Filter after any switching and close to the VFD Drive input

If Drive manufacture's don't recommend to do this, why would you.
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    There have been post here on the Zone of VFD Drive failures from user's just plugging them in.

Yes any switches and contactors can be quite harsh when switching that is why VFD Drives / Servo Drives Etc. should have the Power Filter after any switching and close to the VFD Drive input

If Drive manufacture's don't recommend to do this, why would you.
    Yeah, I know its wrong, I guess a good quality switching power strip with a filter and surge suppressor is worth using for my bench test stand (and the VFD). I did fry a sdga 750 watt drive once from not paying attention and wiring neutral to ground. Poof.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi mactec54 and others,

Thanks again for the help. I'm assembling a Queenbee Pro, but the assembly isn't straight forward. There is a little online guide to assemble the mechanics, but none for the electronics... Only a few links to the manufacturer of the different devices...

Have a great Sunday!
    Maarten

Yeah, I know its wrong, I guess a good quality switching power strip with a filter and surge suppressor is worth using for my bench test stand (and the VFD). I did fry a sdga 750 watt drive once from not paying attention and wiring neutral to ground. Poof.
    As someone who has been in the business of CNC retro-fits including supplien VFD's of all makes for over 40yrs, I have never used a filter on the input, I recently attended a seminar by the area electrical service company regarding power factor correction and they touched on the fact that power factor savings is the only benefit in the use of VFD filters as they normally posses a very large capacitor bank on thier input that acts as a filter. also confirmed in the installation sheet by Mitsubishi.
    As to power disconnection, As an enclosure builder, I am obliged to conform to CEC,NEC,NFPA79 regulations concerning Emergency stop circuitry, A class 2 E-stop can be applied where the imediate stop of equipment is dangerous to either equipemnt or personnel.
    Class 2 allows for the stopping of the VFD before power removal.
    All responsible VFD manufacturers would obviously design and conform for the eventuallity of any of these E-stops.
    In the 40yrs or so, I have never had a failure from the industrial customers I have served.
    The VFD's I have mainly used were Mitsubishi, Telemecanique, Group Schnieder, Allen-Bradley, WEG etc.
    All of these manuf. have a support group that one can work with in the eventuallity of unusual installations.
    I did contact Huanyang for some engineering information and was deeply un-impressed, the info provided was amateurish, to say the least, and many questions could not be answered.
    The bottom line I guess, is you get what you pay for.

Albert E.

As someone who has been in the business of CNC retro-fits including supplien VFD's of all makes for over 40yrs, I have never used a filter on the input, I recently attended a seminar by the area electrical service company regarding power factor correction and they touched on the fact that power factor savings is the only benefit in the use of VFD filters as they normally posses a very large capacitor bank on thier input that acts as a filter. also confirmed in the installation sheet by Mitsubishi.
    As to power disconnection, As an enclosure builder, I am obliged to conform to CEC,NEC,NFPA79 regulations concerning Emergency stop circuitry, A class 2 E-stop can be applied where the imediate stop of equipment is dangerous to either equipemnt or personnel.
    Class 2 allows for the stopping of the VFD before power removal.
    All responsible VFD manufacturers would obviously design and conform for the eventuallity of any of these E-stops.
    In the 40yrs or so, I have never had a failure from the industrial customers I have served.
    The VFD's I have mainly used were Mitsubishi, Telemecanique, Group Schnieder, Allen-Bradley, WEG etc.
    All of these manuf. have a support group that one can work with in the eventuallity of unusual installations.
    I did contact Huanyang for some engineering information and was deeply un-impressed, the info provided was amateurish, to say the least, and many questions could not be answered.
    The bottom line I guess, is you get what you pay for.
    Huanyang most likely did not understand what you where asking, Chinese and English does not translate that well. there drives now, are close to screwup safe, so I would rate them today, to be as good as the most expensive drives to run these high speed, high frequency spindles, which some of the more expensive VFD Drives can not do.

A quality EMI Power Filter only have some small caps, like the snip, so not sure what you are referring too, with a very large capacitor bank Capacitors are sized to suit what ever Harmonics you are trying to prevent

Just remember the Harmonics in a residential electrical system is really bad, for everyone close by using the same electrical system
    Mactec54