585,712 active members*
4,418 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > TurboCad Cam Tool and Machine Definitions

TurboCad Cam Tool and Machine Definitions

No matter how many times I try, every time I want to change a tool or machine parmeters in the cam set up wizard, it will not correctly repost what I put in. Let's say I select start cam job and go to machine settings in cnc set up and put in my machine max speeds and feeds(1,000 IPM and 10,000 RPM).
    It gives me the correct IPM but the RPM is 254,000 for my max speed.
    And on my tool parameters, If I try to put in a feed rate lower than is already defined and try to save that tool and parameters if always revets back to the original chip load. Any advise?

I have the same problem. (tcc v12). As near as I can tell, those values are automatically calculated each time the tool is displayed in the tool store and not saved with the tool. The calculations seem to be based on your settings for max feed and speed (cnc setup) and the type of material. Drove me crazy. I base my guess on the fact that you won't get the update button until you change one of the settings other than feeds and speeds. A poor design that I hope they've changed in tcc 14. I should be able to save a speed and feed rate with a tool so long as I don't exceed the max. I suspect that since the material and cnc setup maxes are not stored with the tool, they figured they should calculate them after you've selected the cnc machine, material and such.