584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > I need help MADCAM 7 - I do not know what to do after load the STL file

I need help MADCAM 7 - I do not know what to do after load the STL file

pls help me - I just got the MadCam 7 as a plugin for Rhino7 and I am struggling to learn - All i want to do is to load my STL file 'model' create tool-paths and save the gcode to run on Mach3

is there anyway I can have the file for this lesson showing in the video so I can follow the video and learn step by step as I am a beginner with (I have Rhino7 & MadCAm 7 as student license). I has a 5 axis Trunion. Pls help me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MoYV6Vfgg8

Re: I need help MADCAM 7 - I do not know what to do after load the STL file

Does MadCAM write code for a 5-axis trunnion? Or are you running it in 3-axis mode?
    Andrew Werby
    Website

I am slowly but surely found the path - posted in cnczones.com/madcam for help and here is what they told me to get start - I did this last week but have no idea when watching the tutorial video ’ i did not know how to use Rhino - so I was going crazy and frustrate - Today I get better using Rhino 7 - SO I am going to explore MADCAM with this MADCAM video tutorials https://www.cnczone.com/forums/madca...-load-stl.html using Rhino 7

how can I get this model in the video lesson so I can practice with the tutorials? pls tell me

I don't think I know what I am doing bad for me just learn rhino/madcam2 days ago so I am lost. Lucky for me Madcam is helping me. He asked me to send me the STL/model I gave him info of my 4/5th axis Trunion - I use Mach3. Un-install Rhinocam2021 - so now I only have Rhino 7 / MADCAM 7

Oh finally I found the way to learn and understand the basic move with MADCAM - this is so confused for beginner user liked me - perhaps I need to be calm and patient searching for the right path to learn ( it is hard to learn Rhino ver 7 & MADCAM 5X ver.7 ) together especially I never use them before until last week ( just purchased license for both of them with student discount ) - I found out there are a lot of tutorials on the Rhino, and Rhino has many video tutorials for beginners. But with MADCAM you can not find tutorials for beginner at all. (SUCKS) - Unable to find MADCAM classes 'online for beginner' - Madcam has some videos but they arr for advanced users, there is no files down load to practice what you learn from the tutorials. I did not know that when I installed Rhino trails version 7 - it automatic installed RhinoCAM - and it also detected the Madcam plugin during Rhino install. It was so confuse to me, now I have two CAM plugin 'RhinoCAM & MADCAM) - I was going crazy trying to figure out what the heck is going on - Got help from cnczones/madcam and Rhino forum - I de-activate RhinoCAM and only use MADCAM - go back to MADCAM tutorails from youtube - I am now moving forward and working my 1st lesson using the quick start from Rhino to practice and learn. MADCAM is helping me set my machine and toolpath for my 5 axis Trunion to get me going to get my machine to work. I will learn from what they do to my file and hope I understand and get to make my own tool-path. I hope.-------------------------- Software companies should focus in helping beginners -----

Got this thing Rhino 7 / Madcam 7 to work last night but not sure I am doing it right or wrong -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYGOzLLI_sQ&t=28s