585,727 active members*
4,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > HELP! MIYANO BNC--42C3 W/ FANUC 21T

HELP! MIYANO BNC--42C3 W/ FANUC 21T

Need some ideas here. I have a miyano cnc lathe that is acting up on me. Every few parts the machine just hangs up/pauses with no alarm in the pmc or machine side. doesn't matter what tool is running or in one particular spot. green cycle light stays lit and also will stop inside of a canned cycle g92 which cannot feed hold until end of pass. sometimes you can just press green start button again and it goes on its way but sometimes I need to re home axis's and turret to start again. I am at a loss so any ideas would be great.

Re: HELP! MIYANO BNC--42C3 W/ FANUC 21T

We have a BND with a similar problem. I am 90% sure ours has something to do with the turret.
    It will hang but a manual turret index always fixes it. Never in the cut that I can remember though.

I'd check your spindle encoder Moondine

Quote Originally Posted by Moondine View Post
    Need some ideas here. I have a miyano cnc lathe that is acting up on me. Every few parts the machine just hangs up/pauses with no alarm in the pmc or machine side. doesn't matter what tool is running or in one particular spot. green cycle light stays lit and also will stop inside of a canned cycle g92 which cannot feed hold until end of pass. sometimes you can just press green start button again and it goes on its way but sometimes I need to re home axis's and turret to start again. I am at a loss so any ideas would be great.
    - - - Updated - - -

General
    What turret is it

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    We have a BND with a similar problem. I am 90% sure ours has something to do with the turret.
    It will hang but a manual turret index always fixes it. Never in the cut that I can remember though.

the one that goes "ca-chunk ca-chunk" I think there is a geneva mechanisim inside. Im not sure. I pay the Miyano rep to work on it. It is too tight in there for me

. The next time the live tool belt breaks (semi annually) I will have him change any switches inside there while he is there.

Quote Originally Posted by generaldisarray View Post
    the one that goes "ca-chunk ca-chunk" I think there is a geneva mechanisim inside. Im not sure. I pay the Miyano rep to work on it. It is too tight in there for me

. The next time the live tool belt breaks (semi annually) I will have him change any switches inside there while he is there.
    Did this get resolved
    Of so what was the problem. I have a simular problem