585,719 active members*
4,346 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > I have a serial number. How can I find what options the machine was built with?

I have a serial number. How can I find what options the machine was built with?

We are looking at a used Cincinnati from early 2000 and I need to know what options it was built with.

Does anyone know of a way to get the build data on a machine with a serial number? I tried Fives who services ours and they were no help.

Thanks

Re: I have a serial number. How can I find what options the machine was built with?

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Callahan View Post
    We are looking at a used Cincinnati from early 2000 and I need to know what options it was built with.

Does anyone know of a way to get the build data on a machine with a serial number? I tried Fives who services ours and they were no help.

Thanks
    Other than Fives-Cincinnati, I don't expect anyone can tell you what was on it when it was sold just by looking up the serial number and even those records may not be accurate as there were frequently options added after they shipped from the factory before installation.

Software options are easy to determine by looking at the "Purchased Options" page in the control to see what is enabled (or Siemens has a list based on A2100 control serial number). If the seller doesn't know what options are on the machine, the mechanical options can be a little harder to figure out, but looking at it in person it is relatively easy to determine what the machine has if you know what you are looking for (as long as it is powered up).

Re: I have a serial number. How can I find what options the machine was built with?

Larry, Fives Technical Support would have tried to answer your technical questions. 1-800-934-0735 Listen for Cincinnati & Technical Support
    When you call you should have a photo of your serial plate. For the UK products: with Machine Serial#; Model Type "ERx" or "EKx" and Control Diagrams