Dear forum members,

We have a 0-M / GE Fanuc plc system that was down for a while waiting for repairs, but what we did not notice is that the plc battery LED light went out and sat there for a couple of months.

Once we went back trying to recover this machine, we install a fresh new battery and noticed that the plc was not on RUN mode anymore thus machine will not run.

We do not have access to LOGIMASTER software or its serial cable to go online with the plc and switch it to RUN mode.

I have done some research and found out that there is a way to bring the plc to RUN mode by BLEEDING A SUPER CAP with the C53 mark that is located in the main back plate (CPU) but in order to stay on the safe side and prevent losing everything (LADDER) I need to make sure this ladder is saved into the PROM chip.

With all that said, my question is, by looking at the attached picture. Is there a way to know that the PIC shown (code number) contains OEM code or is just plc firmware?

I am trying to do as much as possible to prevent deleting OEM plc because is an older ACROLOC machine and we do not have a backup copy for this plc. We only have backup for CNC control. which is a 0-M control.

Many thanks in advance.

FLX