585,712 active members*
3,935 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 16i - change order of axis displayed in the left-side larger font display?

Hybrid View

Fanuc 16i - change order of axis displayed in the left-side larger font display?

I've got X Z C Y A E & B axes, in that order, showing on the position display. However, E & B show in small font and won't show at all on most other screens.

A is the turret servo position, so it's pretty much useless to me. A is showing where I would much rather have E. I'd like to move E above A if possible.

I tried hiding A with the 3115 parameter, but that just puts a blank space where A was instead of moving E up to that position.

I also tried the 3130 and 3134 ordering parameters, but they did not seem to have any effect whatsoever.

Is there a way to do what I want here?

Re: Fanuc 16i - change order of axis displayed in the left-side larger font display?

Not sure why 3130 wouldn't work. Did you set all axis even if their order isnt being changed.
    Z 2
    C 3
    Y 4
    A 7
    E 5
    B 6

Re: Fanuc 16i - change order of axis displayed in the left-side larger font display?

Yeah, I tried that exact set. Does it take a power cycle? I tried a power cycle after changing 3130, but not 3134. I'll go try both again.

Edit: Yup. I tried that sequence again, power cycled, no change. I tried that on 3134 as well, power cycled, no change.

16iA or B?
    Can you edit the ladder? If you can try G198. It works like parameter 3115.
    It should not require power down as I have used this for shutting off axis displays for C axis on lathes.

And is 3115.1 = 0?

It's 16i-TB. Yes, I can edit the ladder... or at least view it. I'm not sure I've actually tried to change anything yet.

I'll take a look.

Ok, so everything under 3115 is 0. If I change 3115.0 for A it just hides it, it doesn't shift E and B up at all.

The new controls have parameter 13102 to close up a gap left from a non-displayed axis. I cant find an equivalent in the 16i.
    Also, in re-reading parameter 3130 for the 16i it does appear to state that it is only valid for 2-path controls in a Fanuc kind of way. It also appears to only be valid for T controls.
    The newer controls do not have those notes associated with 3130.

Ah well. I may have to give up on this then. It is a T control, though. Weird prerequisites.

Thanks anyway everyone!