585,712 active members*
3,590 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Robotec cnc router troubles

Hi all. I have just picked up a uses robotec 1224 router and can't get it to run any programs. I'm using licensed cut2D pro and NC studio atc arcs (mm.nc) as the post processor. It is all the same as the original owner. I am able to manually move all axis and turn the spindle on however it won't go past that. Finds home and will go to a set origin. If anyone has any information or experience.... please!!!! I have a feeling it's a setting issue... thank you all!

Re: Robotec cnc router troubles

It might be a post-processor issue. Does Cut2D have a post for that machine? If you can get a sample of code that's known to work with it, try that. You could try asking Robotec or NCStudio to send you one. Then compare it with the code that Cut2D is putting out. Sometimes machines need something like a percent sign at the beginning of the program to run a piece of G-code.
    Andrew Werby
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by awerby View Post
    It might be a post-processor issue. Does Cut2D have a post for that machine? If you can get a sample of code that's known to work with it, try that. You could try asking Robotec or NCStudio to send you one. Then compare it with the code that Cut2D is putting out. Sometimes machines need something like a percent sign at the beginning of the program to run a piece of G-code.
    I'm pretty sure that it is not the post processor. They had the machine for a few years and ran it with the same post processor
    I have the original licensed software that they were using.