584,798 active members*
4,408 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > MX45VAE Will not move after startup

MX45VAE Will not move after startup

Turned on machine ran through its checks all looks fine, press power on the control control fires up hydraulics same, but machine will not move. Hydraulics at pressure and oil, chiller the same, air same, no alarms. Cant run spindle or move table.. WTF something I'm missing??? Last time I ran it I pulled out the tool but I tried with it in and out.. Something I missed on startup?? any data needs to be entered?? buttons pressed??

Re: MX45VAE Will not move after startup

Is machine lock on? Axis inhibits on?
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by OkumaWiz View Post
    Is machine lock on? Axis inhibits on?
    Toolchange in mid cycle (not at start or tool staged position )
    rapid/feed rate override set to zero
    Residual move not yet complete (not after restarting)

Last time I ran it I pulled out the tool but I tried with it in and out
    hy, sometimes the claws that grab the pullstud may remain too long in an intermediate position, because of a wrong toolchange sequence; this may be caused by missalingment, because of manual toolchange, or because of swing arm - atc - spindle alingmnent

as a consequnce, the hydraulic will be up for for too long, over a preset timer, that will jump a fuse in the electrical cabinet

if you can not clamp/unclamp tools, then look for this; besides this check, i have no other idea / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

if the pannel is not locked try select the MDI mode and command, for instance S500M3. OSP should show some alarm message.

No not that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireater View Post
    No not that I know of.

I think all if what is suggested is good to try...what have you checked so far?

Also please reveal what sequence your tool changer is on. (Look in the ATC display page) It should be at sequence 1. If not, you will need to get it there like superman says. Also try Al's test and let us know the result.

Best regards,

Not locked not that I know of. Panel responds as it should. no fuses I can see popped. I put in a tool change in MDI and you can hear it want to respond but no hydraulic movement. tool will grab if I put one in manually. I can move the tool changer arm through ATC cycles with the cycle buttons on controller so it moves. No alarms shown.... WTF.... any ideas?? procedure list or possible corrective options lists would be helpful to eliminate possibilities. Start up procedure.. Power on, control on, open/close door, Should be ready.. MDI T6M06 just sits there, cycle start just sits there, I can not move the head/table to move or get the spindle to run.

If you let the control sit on the T6M6 and wait 3 minutes, what alarm pops up? Are the run, STM, lights on? If you go to block data and check the page are any of the codes blinking ON/OFF? Is the spindle orientation complete? When you try the MDI commands, what sequence # in the ATC page does it get stuck on? Is the door closed?

BTW, I'm assuming it's a 5020M-G control, is this correct? Do you have the maintenance manual? If yes, the sequence for the tool changer is shown in there for your machine. Are you able to manually run it all the way through a tool change and back to sequence 1?

Don't mean to shotgun you with questions, but rather give you clues to follow for troubleshooting.

Best regards,

Thanks for the info. I have a OSP7000M control if that helps..