585,744 active members*
4,579 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 3 123

new dynatorch

Hi all,
    Im new to posting, but have been reading all the posts on the dynatorch for a month or so. I'm convinced and broke down and ordered a 5 x 10 dropside with a new plasma cutter while I was at it. So in a month or so when i go down and get it I'll be bothering everyone in here with stupid questions. I've gotten a lot of good info from this site already. Thanks

I will have a slightly used machine for sale very soon!

When you go pick it up, I'd suggest demanding that YOUR actual table and gantry is assembled and you can watch your table cut while you are there. Don't settle for watching their 'Demo' machine.

Cstroke,

Congratulations on your new purchase.

I love my Dynatorch table. It took me forever to get it all set up since my shop is currently 3 hours from my house, but . . . . it was worth the aggravation. Everything with the table works exactly as it should.
    Did you order the air-handler? I have it on my machine and love it. It makes a huge difference. And it's nice that you can turn the exhaust fan on from the computer.

Post pics when you get everything.

Welcome cstroke,
    Welcome to the club. We all post pictures tips etc in here so feel free to ask any questions you might have. Hope you get your new set-up soon!!!
    Ed-Ryno
    www.rynomobility.com

DynaTorc newbie

I am also a new DT owner (about 2 weeks), this is a great machine and the customer service is tops in my book! I need some advice on the settings for cutting 14 ga. and 16 ga. mild steel...........ken

Ken,
    Look at some of the posts in the dynatorch forum, matt and I have posted alot of settings from 16 gauge to 3/8". They are pretty spot on and you can copy and paste into a word doc to print out. Welcome to the DT crew.
    Ed-Ryno
    www.rynomobility.com

Welcome To the DT crew

Welcome Check out the Dynatorch Users forum. I've got a ton of pics on my buildout. I love the machine and the guys at DT have been top notch for me!

Mike
    MetalHead - http://www.mechmate.com

well, i have it all set up and am headed down in october to pick up my machine..going down for the machine school and the we cim training..
    with these courses how bad is the learning curve or have i shortened it up some

thanks chris

I have had my table up and running for about 7 months. I too bought the we-cim software. The software is great. The class is a must!! Gary and the people over at Wittlock are top notch. They will go out of there way to make sure it is set for your needs.
    Now let's talk about the table. I picked my table up also. The table when I got it to the shop had some problems.The rail on the drive side of the table was bowed BAD. The gantry would not travel the lenght of the table with out hopping the v-rail. I had to remove, plug the holes and re-tap the rail. The slave side is also warped badly. These problems I have fixed to the extent that I can use the table, but I have accurecy problems dependent on where the part is cut on the table. The gantry also is light so sometimes it's not stable and shakes on long arcs. I have not figured out that one yet.
    I guess the main thing I am trying to say is check the table before you load it up..

thanks for the info
    im going to be building my own table so i shouldnt have those issues
    looking forward to using this machine

Quote Originally Posted by totalfab06 View Post
    I

Now let's talk about the table. I picked my table up also. The table when I got it to the shop had some problems.The rail on the drive side of the table was bowed BAD. The gantry would not travel the lenght of the table with out hopping the v-rail. I had to remove, plug the holes and re-tap the rail. The slave side is also warped badly. These problems I have fixed to the extent that I can use the table, but I have accurecy problems dependent on where the part is cut on the table. The gantry also is light so sometimes it's not stable and shakes on long arcs. I have not figured out that one yet.
    I guess the main thing I am trying to say is check the table before you load it up..
    These are the very same problems I had with my table.

Everyone at Dynatorch that I spoke with (Greg, Russ, Leon) acted as if it was impossible for my table to have been bowed when I picked it up from them.

Leon was even so bold as to state that they run Quality Control on the tables as they arrive at the Dynatorch facility (Outsourced work). Any table that is out of specs, they supposedly don't pay for and reject.

I'd like to know their tolerances on these things!? Must be something like +or- 2".

Hearing about another Dynatorch customer with the same issues reassures me that the problem was indeed Dynatorch's manufacturing process & they should be liable for All Repairs & Associated Costs.
    However they stuck the bill to me saying that I cannot get my gantry back from them until they are paid in full for the repairs & shipping costs. Plus I am now out the expense of buying the materials to build another table!

One area to check for on the gantry is the gear on top of the aluminum extrusion that moves the torch (Y Axis). Mine rubbed from the very beginning causing drag on the torch & inconsistent parts.

Swift Kick

Hi, my name is Francis Vega and I have been working metal for over 30 years. I saw pictures of your table at Dynatorch when I pick up our new machine. Your table certainly did have a bad bow in the frame. Whoever welded the extra angle support on to the table with a continuous 12 foot weld should get a swift kick? I am certain that this was a mod that you did because the extra angle is not shown on their plans or their website. All the heat you put into that long weld is what caused the bow. Don't blame others for what you did.:withstupi
    I have been using CNC plasma and water- jet machines for the past 10 years. The Dynatorch system is one of the most cost effective machines I own. It move fast and cuts super sweet. If you don't think I know what I am talking about, then check out my work at http://www.cricketforge.com or http://www.vegametals.com .

Did You Get The Right Guy>???

Quote Originally Posted by LE3BLF View Post
    Hi, my name is Francis Vega and I have been working metal for over 30 years. I saw pictures of your table at Dynatorch when I pick up our new machine. Your table certainly did have a bad bow in the frame. Whoever welded the extra angle support on to the table with a continuous 12 foot weld should get a swift kick? I am certain that this was a mod that you did because the extra angle is not shown on their plans or their website. All the heat you put into that long weld is what caused the bow. Don't blame others for what you did.:withstupi
    I have been using CNC plasma and water- jet machines for the past 10 years. The Dynatorch system is one of the most cost effective machines I own. It move fast and cuts super sweet. If you don't think I know what I am talking about, then check out my work at http://www.cricketforge.com or http://www.vegametals.com .
    just so you know... If this is aimed at me, its wrongly so.. I didnt pick my machine up yet.. I'm getting mine on Wednesday, dynatorch school on wed.. WeCim triaining thursday and friday.. Also i'm picking up my steel for the table on Monday.. I went with a little heavier angle and will be changing the design a little.. I ordered 6' x 12' 3/16" for the slats shearing these will be the easiest part, picked up my shear last year..

Quote Originally Posted by cstroke View Post
    just so you know... If this is aimed at me, its wrongly so.. I didnt pick my machine up yet.. I'm getting mine on Wednesday, dynatorch school on wed.. WeCim triaining thursday and friday.. Also i'm picking up my steel for the table on Monday.. I went with a little heavier angle and will be changing the design a little.. I ordered 6' x 12' 3/16" for the slats shearing these will be the easiest part, picked up my shear last year..
    Sorry cstroke, my reply was meant for TJ Ken.

ok, drove the 12 + hrs to kentucky for my new dynatorch..
    I left on tuesday afternoon, got there on wednesday morning early..I had the dynatorch school in the am, a little easy cad in the afternoon and then we cim training thursday and friday.. Worked on my table and am about half way through.
    Wow, a lot to remember with training, glad i took a lot of notes.. I fully understand the posts that talk of the learning curve..
    I think its just going to take some time to get into this..
    This website is the reason i went with dynatorch and not another brand..
    Thanks to everyone

Welcome to the Familia

Cool looking forward to the setup picks jump on the Dynatorch Users forum and fill us in on your specs sheet and plans!! Looking forward to seein your build out.

finally some time

looks like im going to get some time to work on the machine today..
    been putting and addition on my house, I do all the crap work..
    I travel so im only home on the weekends. so my time gets used up quickly

I'd be working on the house but looks like rain all day.( big mud pit)

I have the frame squared up and rails straightened and bolted together.
    Today the final welding of the frame, gussets slat holders and angle for the cable carrier.. then painting and get ready for the gears..
    I got a computer cabinet a company was throwing away.. I'll try and get some pics of different parts today..

getting closer

Build Up

Cool!! get us some PICS. I'm sure everyone is tired of mine on the Dynatorch Users thread.

Happy weldin

a couple of pics

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 006.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	46739

Name:	IM001040.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	169.3 KB 
ID:	46740

ok a few pics one is when welding the legs, clamped the main rails together and welded the legs.. Minimal warpage up and down, had to straighten by pulling down.. in hind site should have used some thin matl. between main rails and overbend.. but not a big deal..
    the other pic is after everything was bolted together and welded up..
    i'll post a few more pics..

Name:	IM001043.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	162.7 KB 
ID:	46741

Name:	IM001042.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	46742

ok the one pics with the gantry on and rollers lined up..

the second pic is what im using for my computer cabinet.. salvaged from a dumpster.. amazing what people throw away..

im going to put one more pic in of the gears..

Page 1 of 3 123