ZW3D seems to have given up on the US market. I have been using it for nearly 20 years when it was VX and I started with Version 7. So seeing how there is little activity I thought i would start one some people may enjoy. I just upgraded my Version 2015 version to the latest 2022 version and will post my thoughts and some projects to generate some interest. I do not work for, with, or sell ZW and have received any compensation in any way.

First look... After upgrading my computer with a new 4X screen I was anticipating scaling issues. And there were. I have had problems with scaling with Solidworks and MasterCAM so this is not unique to ZW. I put the resolution down to 1080 which takes care of all the problems but a bummer that we can't take advantage of the 4K screen.

Using two screens works well and allowed me to put the manager box on the other screen leaving the entire workspace clear. The ribbon layout is the same as the previous versions. The icons are large and clear.

I tried importing SOlidworks 2021 files. Most of the files opened just fine. Even the assemblies. Some didn't but those files contained imported surfaces. And as in previous versions ZW still maintains links to imported geometry. So if you go back in to Solidworks and change the part the ZW file checks back to the file. This was especially valuable when I used ZW for toolpaths. It shows it will direct open NX, CATIA, SolidEdge, ProE, and Inventor but I don't have those so if anyone wants me to test that out attach a file.

There seems to be a lot of new background organization tools and design tree feature management. I don't have time to look in to those today.

All the usual tools are in the design environment. The number one reason for me to keep ZW is the surfacing. Especially the healing. It is very powerful.

That's all for today. I'll add more as I work more.