584,866 active members*
4,845 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi control help needed!

Hello
    Are Mitsubishi controls really as bad (compared to Fanuc at least) as they seem?
    How the heck do you start a prog part way through without inputting an exact N number (I would only normally use an N number for the start of each new tool, not for every line).
    And how do you read a line of a programme in single block (then go into edit on a Fanuc) then step down the programme missing out unwanted lines and carry on from where you want to read the next line???
    It's just so easy with a Fanuc. Surely Mitsubishi can't be so basic that this is not possible, or howthe heck can you use ip properly?
    By the way it's a Meldas 520 control
    If someone out there has Mitsubishi control and are good with it could you contact me for information exchange please?
    ([email protected])
    Thanks

http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/site...e=&ManualType=

you can download the manuals here
    Bill

There is a method for restarting a program at a specific line. I have never used it as I always just restart from the last tool change. As Bill mentioned, the manuals are available from Mits. I found the restart procedures beginning at page 2-34 of this manual http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/ge...00000873000000.

For editting the lines of code about to be executed, go to the main Monitor position screen, then press the soft key for COORD. The machine must be in single block and it must finish executing the current block. When the current block is done, press one of the arrow/cursor keys once and the lines of code in the buffer should become highlighted. You can now edit them normally. When finished, press the input key and resume the program. This can also be used if the machine stops due to an alarm for a program error like no feedrate or some other typo.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wcopley View Post
    http://www.meau.com/eprise/main/site...e=&ManualType=

you can download the manuals here
    Bill
    Hello Bill
    Thanks very much for that but could you explain how to navigate the site to the Meldas 5oo manuals?
    I have tried until I'm blue in the face, searched for them and everything, but can't get anything near to a cnc manual.
    Thanks again in advance
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Caprirs View Post
    There is a method for restarting a program at a specific line. I have never used it as I always just restart from the last tool change. As Bill mentioned, the manuals are available from Mits. I found the restart procedures beginning at page 2-34 of this manual http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/ge...00000873000000.

For editting the lines of code about to be executed, go to the main Monitor position screen, then press the soft key for COORD. The machine must be in single block and it must finish executing the current block. When the current block is done, press one of the arrow/cursor keys once and the lines of code in the buffer should become highlighted. You can now edit them normally. When finished, press the input key and resume the program. This can also be used if the machine stops due to an alarm for a program error like no feedrate or some other typo.
    Hello Caprirs
    Thanks for the manual link. That is fantastic. As I explained to Bill I can't for the life of me find these manuals on the meau website myself, and I also would like the maintenance manual (+anything else that there may be) so could you let me know (step by step) how you find them.
    I did take a look at the restart procedure (crikey!), like yourself I would normally start from the last tool but the machine won't recognise a tool call when that tool is already in the spindle. so short of doing an M6 first I can see no way of starting from there (I would in this case on a Fanuc simply cursor to the next line down (from the s code) but I can see no way of doing this on the Mitsubishi).
    I suppose maybe that I could start using N numbers on every line just for this machine but would much prefer not to as I switch programmes between machines regularly.
    Thanks
    Roger

Rogdog,to get into the meau site for downloads you have to turn of active script in Internet Explorer.
    Go to control panel,click internet options,click security tab,click custom button,scroll down until you see active scripting,click disable button,close control panel.
    Open www.meau.com and you will see the downloads tab,if you don`t turn of active scripting explorer opens the Melfans page.
    When finished downloads go back to control panel and set scripting back to enable.
    Mark.

Rogdog
    email sent let me know if you receive it
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by wcopley View Post
    Rogdog
    email sent let me know if you receive it
    Bill
    Hello again Bill
    No sorry I didn't recieve it. Are you sure that you used the correct address? ([email protected])

Quote Originally Posted by gridley51 View Post
    Rogdog,to get into the meau site for downloads you have to turn of active script in Internet Explorer.
    Go to control panel,click internet options,click security tab,click custom button,scroll down until you see active scripting,click disable button,close control panel.
    Open www.meau.com and you will see the downloads tab,if you don`t turn of active scripting explorer opens the Melfans page.
    When finished downloads go back to control panel and set scripting back to enable.
    Mark.
    Crikey! you lot know your onions.
    I'll give that a try tonight
    Thanks
    Roger

Where in the UK are you Roger?
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by gridley51 View Post
    Where in the UK are you Roger?
    Mark.
    Hello Mark
    I'm in South Yorkshire
    I tried your internet options trick and it worked a treat thanks! Got all the manuals that I needed.
    How the heck did you know to do that???

Roger,I can`t claim the credit for that.I was in the same boat a while back and a Norwegian guy posted how to do it.I can`t remember what forum it was on.
    It was not a problem with the earlier Windows versions as I remember downloading from that site with 95 or 98 but nowadays it automatically redirects to the Melfans site unless you change the options.
    It`s the sort of info that could do to be made into a sticky.
    I have sometimes had good responses and feedback from Mitsi service in the States but sometimes takes a while to get an answer.Mitsi UK are a total waste of time.
    Mark.

Should I stay away from the Mitsubishi Meldas L1 control

I bought an old NAKAMURA-TOME TMC-3 with the Fanuc 5t control about 10 years ago. It has been a good old machine and has been almost trouble free. I am looking at buying another old NAKAMURA-TOME TMC-3 that has the Mitsubishi Meldas L1 control.

I do not know anything about the Mitsubishi controls. Someone please tell me the good, the bad and the ugly about Mitsubishi Meldas L1 control. I know the Fanuc 5t is a prehistoric control but it has always worked ok for me. Will the Fanuc 5T programs run on the L1 control? My Fanuc 5T control does not have tool nose radius compensation or geometry offsets. Does the Mitsubishi Meldas L1 have tool nose radius compensation and geometry offsets? Does the L1 control have all of the canned cycles that are included in the basic Fanuc 5T control? Does the L1 control have any more bells and whistles than the Fanuc 5T? Does anyone have any experience with this old L1 control? Should I let someone else have this machine or should I try to buy it?

Jerry