584,862 active members*
5,930 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 32i - recovery system

I warmly welcome.
    I have a problem with restoring data in the Fanuc 32i driver on Windows CE (CTX lathe) from a CF card. The system crashed due to a failure of the 3V battery backup system. The fault was corrected and the machine data set obtained from the lathe manufacturer. After starting, Windows CE loads, and then a window appears about the lack of communication with the CNC. You need to restore your data. After starting with two keys held down (according to the procedure), windows also starts, a window opens - as I remember correctly - waiting for the CNC, and a small "u" ??on the Fanuc LED segment display. I understand that it is waiting for a backup, but it does not see the 128MB CF card inserted on the PCMCIA adapter. The card was previously formatted to FAT16. Somewhere there is a problem, I am doing something wrong with either the procedure or something else and I don't really know what. Once, a long time ago, I set up such a system, but I just don't remember. The routines I find indicate that when I hold down two keys while booting, they immediately bring up a list of options to choose from. WinCE starts for me. Maybe because he doesn't see this card?
    If anyone can help, please give me tips.

Regards,
    Makro

Quote Originally Posted by Makroserwis View Post
    I warmly welcome.
    I have a problem with restoring data in the Fanuc 32i driver on Windows CE (CTX lathe) from a CF card. The system crashed due to a failure of the 3V battery backup system. The fault was corrected and the machine data set obtained from the lathe manufacturer. After starting, Windows CE loads, and then a window appears about the lack of communication with the CNC. You need to restore your data. After starting with two keys held down (according to the procedure), windows also starts, a window opens - as I remember correctly - waiting for the CNC, and a small "u" ??on the Fanuc LED segment display. I understand that it is waiting for a backup, but it does not see the 128MB CF card inserted on the PCMCIA adapter. The card was previously formatted to FAT16. Somewhere there is a problem, I am doing something wrong with either the procedure or something else and I don't really know what. Once, a long time ago, I set up such a system, but I just don't remember. The routines I find indicate that when I hold down two keys while booting, they immediately bring up a list of options to choose from. WinCE starts for me. Maybe because he doesn't see this card?
    If anyone can help, please give me tips.

Regards,
    Makro
    On a 32i with WindowsCE, whether it’s a stand-alone or LCD mounted unit, there should be a blue rotary dial (looks like a potentiometer). When it’s set to 0, that’s normal operation. If you set it to F, that’s maintenance mode. When you set it to F, it should boot and display the NCBOOT32 window. From here you can upload the SRAM file