584,802 active members*
4,995 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > For Sale Only > Sherline ball screw equipped CNC mill for sale

Sherline ball screw equipped CNC mill for sale

I’m looking to sell my modified Sherline CNC mill due to health & age problems. I have invested a lot of time & money in it and would like to pass it along to someone that can give it a home & get some use out of it. I’ve had 2 strokes now and my mental abilities keep me from going any farther with it. It’s all working fine; it fires up, homes properly, jogs to the preset soft limits but my mental challenges keep me from doing anything else with it. I live in Collierville, TN (Memphis area) and have no way of shipping. 2 guys could load it in a pick up. All offers will be considered. PM me your phone number if you want to talk.

It started life as a 1995 Denford Micromill converted to Mach 3 but the Sherline lead screw wear, backlash & short travels helped me make the decision to upgrade it with the following:

1) Sherline #685625 14” XY Base w/ball screws – I paid $1900.00 for it.

2) Sherline Z-axis CNC conv.parts, limit switch kits & misc. Sherline parts – I paid $300.00 for them.

3) 3, Stepperonline DM542T drives with a 36V-20A PS, bought new.

4) X & Y stepper motors Vexta PK266-02 (2A)

5) Z stepper motor Stepperonline 23HS30-3004S (3A) 1.89 Nm, bought new.

6) CNC4PC C3 spindle index pulse card for spindle rpm readout in Mach 3, bought new.

7) Shop-made 6” x 13” aluminum fixture plate with 60, 6mm tapped holes; includes a 6mm clamp kit and a 2” screw-less machinist’s vice.

8) 2, 1.5” x 4” steel tubing cross-beams were added under the bottom panel of the Micromill enclosure to add rigidity to the mill base. An angle iron & 1/8” steel plate stiffener brace was bolted between to the top of the Z column and the back panel of the enclosure to add rigidity to the Z axis.

9) The original Z column was modified with a 2” riser block and a 2” offset spacer block in the Y direction. 2, bolt-on, 3/16” steel stiffener plates were fitted to add rigidity to the column incl. brass-tip tramming screws.

Included misc. tooling: (Sherline spindle accepts MT1 taper.)
    4, ER16/MT1 collet chucks
    1, ER11/MT1 collet chuck
    1, ER25/MT1 collet chuck

1/8” to ½” x 3/8” shank 6 pc. HSS endmill set.

1/8” shank carbide engraving cutters
    Mist cooling kit.

Includes a WinXP PC with Mach3 loaded and a 19” Dell monitor with swivel mount attached to enclosure. The original 12” Sherline lead-screw equipped X/Y base with stepper motors & misc. parts is included if you want it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Front.jpg   Back.jpg   Side.jpg   Z mount.jpg  

Clamps.jpg   MT-ER.jpg  
    Milton in Tennessee ya'll!

Re: Sherline ball screw equipped CNC mill for sale

Quote Originally Posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
    All offers will be considered.
    I'll rephrase that: "Almost any offer considered."
    Milton in Tennessee ya'll!