585,737 active members*
4,771 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hitachi Seikis > HiCell CA40II - tool registration by program

Hybrid View

HiCell CA40II - tool registration by program

HiCell CA40II with an 8-position turret and 24-tool carousel in the back. Typically if we load a tool into the turret manually (because it is too big for the ATC), we dedicate that turret position to that tool. But if I have a program with a lot of tools, I need to reuse that turret position for another tool. This requires the tools to physically be swapped; and in that scenario, you also have to register the new tool in the control. However, I cannot find a way using a G-code, M-code, or T-code to change registered tools (it would have to be entered manually in the tool list screen). For example, on our vertical mill with Fanuc control, we can use M13Txx to change the registered tool in the spindle without actually initiating a tool change. Does anyone know if this is possible on the HiCell? And, if so, what's the code?

Re: HiCell CA40II - tool registration by program

old post, but I use G10 P01 C3 R0.8 H3.0, etc. P01 is tool number, C3 is orient position, R is radius, H is tool width - grooving. Same applies to live tools

Re: HiCell CA40II - tool registration by program

Hey Nifty, I don't recall ever seeing your response before now. But it appears you're correct. According to my programming manual, it would be G10 L20 P0300 Q0500 for tool #3 in turret position #5.