585,663 active members*
3,096 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Fusion 360 Post

Hi all,

First I just want to thank everyone who posts here - this has been an amazing help while I get my new to me Milltronics mill up and running.

Now my question -
    for any Fusion 360 Users - are we just using the stock Fusion Milling post or is there a better post floating around?
    I have a Cent6 Controller on a 2002 vintage MB-11 Mill (no tool changer)

Coming from a Small mill/Mach 3 background and that post has always been very reliable right from fusion.

Cheers

Eric

Re: Fusion 360 Post

I've been using a "stock" one from a few years ago. I haven't tried the latest one because I have modified the stock one to suit a few preferences of mine. I have a partner 1 and the stock one turns the coolant on at tool change height which can make quite a mess when running a larger facemill. I have it to where the coolant comes on at the clearance plane. There's a few other tweaks I have done also. The stock one should get you going though. There is a manual out there on the web from autodesk that tells how to do post modifications also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Chris,

Thanks for the reply!
    I will watch out for the coolant issue for sure. I will mostly be dry cutting or using mister so it shouldn't be too much of an issue but you never know.

Cheers

EE

Quote Originally Posted by cbChris View Post
    I've been using a "stock" one from a few years ago. I haven't tried the latest one because I have modified the stock one to suit a few preferences of mine. I have a partner 1 and the stock one turns the coolant on at tool change height which can make quite a mess when running a larger facemill. I have it to where the coolant comes on at the clearance plane. There's a few other tweaks I have done also. The stock one should get you going though. There is a manual out there on the web from autodesk that tells how to do post modifications also.

Do you remember how you had the coolant wait to come on?

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, its an order of operations type thing. Go into the post processor, find where it tells it to turn on the coolant and move it to right after it moves to the R plane or clearance height. A one second dwell might not be a bad idea depending on how fast your coolant pump comes on.

THANKS!

I think I got it. It was just before the "prepositioning" section and I moved it just after. I also added a M0 with a comment on the same line telling me it is a pause for coolant and press cycle start to continue.

I was also trying to add comments for the start of the operation to verify I have the correct fila and tool. I think these will pop up on the screen.

I haven't tested it on the mill but here is what it outputted.

O1001
    (T57 D=0.25 CR=0 - ZMIN=-0.35 - FLAT END MILL)
    (T58 D=0.5 CR=0.156 - ZMIN=-0.3096 - BULLNOSE END MILL)
    N1 G90 G94 G17
    N2 G20
    N3 G32
    (FIRST ADAPTIVE CLEARING OPERATION)
    N4 T58 M6(FIRST ADAPTIVE CLEARING OPERATION -- T58 - D=0.5 CR=0.156 - bullnose end mill)
    N5 S1380 M3
    N6 G17 G90 G94
    N7 G54
    N8 G0 X-1.3412 Y-1.2373
    N9 G43 Z0.6 H58
    N10 M8
    N11 M0(paused for coolant priming press cycle start to continue)
    N12 G0 Z0.2
    N13 Z-0.2096
    N14 G1 Z-0.2596 F14
    N15 Y-1.237 Z-0.2652
    N16 X-1.3409 Y-1.2361 Z-0.2707

Nice! Looks like it should work. I personally would just put a dwell instead of an M0. I dont like to babysit my machines unless absolutely necessary. I didn't do it in my PP, but my pump doesn't take long. Worst I usually get is if a face mill goes about 1/4" before it reaches the nozzles. On the rare occasions it might be an issue, I just manually put a dwell in the program.

That makes sense. I don't have a tool changer or a full enclosure. I do have some plastic walls sitting on the table.

Currently I'm shutting off a ball valve during the tool change so it doesn't spray when the pump turns on, changing the tool, hitting start, hitting feed hold an inch above the part, opening the ball valve, hitting cycle start again.

Ok, now that makes more sense why you would want it that way. You should look into the MQL system my dad (Brian L on here) made for his milltronics. Works well and not messy. I think he has a link somewhere on here to the instructions on exactly how he did it.

Realized that the M0 is no good. Ran a test part that was adaptive then contour with same tool. It stopped and was waiting for me. I thought it would only be after a tool change but it looks like it is any process change. Probably going to switch to a short dwell.