585,759 active members*
3,924 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > KM3P Hard Drive Failure

Threaded View

KM3P Hard Drive Failure

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a 1984 Hurco KM3P with the Max32 upgrade from a surplus auction. After getting it to my shop and attempting to power it up, I was greeted with no signs of life from the controls other than a blinking cursor on the lower left corner of the left console screen. I also noticed a worrying noise from the hard drive when first powered up, so decided to begin my investigation with that.

After multiple failed attempts at accessing the drive and more concerning noises, I decided to open the case (please see attached photos). Although I do not claim to be a hard drive expert, I have a feeling the contents of this drive are gone forever.

I would like to get this up and running on the Hurco controls if possible. I have seen several threads containing instructions on how to create a new drive that can be used. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the Max32 software files. I asked Hurco if they could provide the software files to me, but they were unable to help.

If anybody knows where/how I could get access to the files and software I need to create a new drive, I'd really appreciate if you could let me know.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PXL_20211104_202015489.jpg   PXL_20211104_202104986.jpg