585,597 active members*
3,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Any insights on coolant? Looking to possibly switch.

Any insights on coolant? Looking to possibly switch.

No high-nickel machining, just a variety of aluminum, 303/304, some steel and quite a bit of plastics.

My shop's issue is keeping our coolant in certain machines from growing horror-film type creatures. On top of that one employee suspects he had a serious skin allergy/reaction from microbes in the coolant.

We're using Hangsterfer's 500CF now but the sales folk are steering me towards 5030, QualiChem Q-Cut 245 or QualiChem Q-Cool 355D.

A colleague is using Synergy (735?), the clear stuff and says it's been good in his shop, but I don't want to have to install a DI system.

Right now I'm leaning on trying the Q-Cool 355D in one machine to see how it goes, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with it that they could share.

Re: Any insights on coolant? Looking to possibly switch.

Quote Originally Posted by acadian8 View Post
    No high-nickel machining, just a variety of aluminum, 303/304, some steel and quite a bit of plastics.

My shop's issue is keeping our coolant in certain machines from growing horror-film type creatures. On top of that one employee suspects he had a serious skin allergy/reaction from microbes in the coolant.

We're using Hangsterfer's 500CF now but the sales folk are steering me towards 5030, QualiChem Q-Cut 245 or QualiChem Q-Cool 355D.

A colleague is using Synergy (735?), the clear stuff and says it's been good in his shop, but I don't want to have to install a DI system.

Right now I'm leaning on trying the Q-Cool 355D in one machine to see how it goes, but I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with it that they could share.
    Yes the Blaser is my choice, I have used most others and it still ranks the best. Di water system is easy to install, I would not let that be the deciding factor, as all cutting coolants should be mixed with Di water. if you remove the oil from you tanks, most coolants don't go bad, it's the tramp oil that causes the bacteria growth.
    Mactec54