584,817 active members*
4,701 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Default Hydraulic oil flooding out the spindle b212 kitagawa chuck okuma lu15 impact

Default Hydraulic oil flooding out the spindle b212 kitagawa chuck okuma lu15 impact

hi guys i was wondering if you could help me? i have been running this machine with a 12" chuck for 1.5 years never had an issue with it the draw tube is practically new custom built
    all of a sudden out of nowhere the hydraulic oil starts pouring out of the spindle
    any clue as to what's going on? or what might have caused it? the machine is a 1999 LU15 Impact B212 kitagawa chuck
    thanks a lot
    Hydraulic leak from spindle - YouTube

Re: Default Hydraulic oil flooding out the spindle b212 kitagawa chuck okuma lu15 imp

Possibly a seal/o'ring gone on the drawtube.

Remove lock ring and drawtube only to inspect. Should not need to remove chuck

Re: Default Hydraulic oil flooding out the spindle b212 kitagawa chuck okuma lu15 imp

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Possibly a seal/o'ring gone on the drawtube.

Remove lock ring and drawtube only to inspect. Should not need to remove chuck
    how do you remove draw tube without removing the chuck ??
    you mean from the back?

Quote Originally Posted by kitagawa212 View Post
    you mean from the back?
    Remove it from back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you mean from the back?
    You should have been supplied a tube type socket that has 2 tabs that fits the drawtube in the back end of the spindle. CCW to unscrew.

Looking at your video, could you be using the chuckjaws set near the end of clamp stroke ? (Seal could be sitting on a pitted area allowing hydraulic oil to pass)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    You should have been supplied a tube type socket that has 2 tabs that fits the drawtube in the back end of the spindle. CCW to unscrew.

Looking at your video, could you be using the chuckjaws set near the end of clamp stroke ? (Seal could be sitting on a pitted area allowing hydraulic oil to pass)
    i could make that

do you have a picture?
    you're talking about something like a spanner wrench for removing installing chucks ? but another one for removing actuators?

this site is so confusing one day i am on industryarena and then i am on CNC zone is it the browser? like firefox CNC zone ? Chrome = industryarena?

i could make that

do you have a picture?
    you're talking about something like a spanner wrench for removing installing chucks ? but another one for removing actuators?
    This is only a pic.... may NOT fit your machine, paste the following into a browser

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/264650515538?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=705-139619-5960-0&mkcid=2&itemid=264650515538&targetid=12791566290 93&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9071480&poi=&camp aignid=9767741255&mkgroupid=122892480939&rlsatarge t=pla-1279156629093&abcId=578876&merchantid=494542272&gc lid=CjwKCAiA7dKMBhBCEiwAO_crFCuHP0-7Y37VU01r6E9hhCopsCXedsZ9C5_iOoPKj18ArAPU-19jcxoCtMsQAvD_BwE

There are o-rings on the outside of the draw-tube, but they are for keeping coolant from getting into your spindle bearings. If you have a hydraulic leak, you most likely have an actuator seal failure or else a clogged/kinked drain tube from your actuator back to the hydraulic tank. The actuator always has a little blow-by around the piston and that is what the drain tube is for...letting the blow by drain back to the tank. Check for proper drainage thru the drain tube. If your actuator seals have gone, then it may be introducing hyd fluid into the ID of the actuator and thereby draining back through the draw-tube ID.

Be careful, high pressure pin hole leaks can puncture the skin and fill it with hydraulic fluid. Not a good situation.

Best regards,
    Experience is what you get just after you needed it.