584,800 active members*
4,533 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Controller

Controller

Hello. I have a 6040 cnc engraver. The machine came with a hacked version of mach3. I tried to put my paid mach3 license on it but it wont work. I contacted the seller and thay said not to use my license as the controller was programed to this hacked version. I wont to change this and use my license. My question is what would i need to replace to fix this the breakout board or the controller board. I have put in some photos of the controller. Thanks for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6040 controller.jpg   Mach3 breakout board.jpg   Controller board.jpg  

Re: Controller

Hi,
    there are a number of very good motion control boards that work well with Mach3. I would avoid Chinese made controllers, if they work at all its usually with pirate software,
    meaning that 'cheap' is about their only recommendation. Buy a European or US made board.

I use an Ethernet SmoothStepper ($180) made by Warp9TD. It has both a Mach3 and a Mach4 plugin and can therefore be used with either. I personally have been using Mach4 for seven years
    and in my opinion light years ahead of Mach3. Warp9TD have been in the business of making, selling and supporting Mach ready motion control boards for nearly 15 years.

There are other contenders:
    UC100, UC300,UC400 all by CNCDrive (beware the dozens of Chinese made UC100 rip-off boards on Ebay , Amazon etc......buy genuine or don't buy at all)
    PoKeys 57CNC
    CSMIO/P by CS Labs
    Hicon Integra by Vital Systems

All of these manufacturers sell and most importantly support their customers, and while each has strengths and weaknesses ANY of them will work very well indeed.

Craig

Thank you for your reply Craig.I Thought i mite have to do that your reply just confirmed it to me. I google the Warp9TD i will look into that and thanks for the tip on were to buy. I will go to there web site and buy it. Thanks for the help.

If you don't need all the I/O the smoothstepper offers. The UC400eth might be cheaper.
    To keep costs down just hook them up to those common £5-£10 generic 5axis breakout boards with the spindle control/relay fitted. (Needs 12-24v power supply connected to operate spindle and inputs).

I used them for years and are perfectly good. Will work om both eth boards via an IDC26-LPT25 cable.

https://uk.banggood.com/Engraving-Ma...iABEgIhmPD_BwE
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32657713046.html

Quote Originally Posted by happycnc1234 View Post
    Hello. I have a 6040 cnc engraver. The machine came with a hacked version of mach3. I tried to put my paid mach3 license on it but it wont work. I contacted the seller and thay said not to use my license as the controller was programed to this hacked version. I wont to change this and use my license. My question is what would i need to replace to fix this the breakout board or the controller board. I have put in some photos of the controller. Thanks for any help
    The Breakout Board in your post will work with just a Mach3 install and set the kernel speed to 45000Hz to 65000Hz depending on your computer this will give you all you need for your machine

So just do a new install of Mach3 in a new folder, you can even leave the old hacked copy until you have the new Mach3 installed and running. the only thing you will have to do is copy all the configuration settings, into the new install which you can get from the hacked copy of Mach3 Ports / Pins Etc.
    Mactec54

Check out this thread at machsupport about your breakout board:

https://www.machsupport.com/forum/in...?topic=41002.0

apparently it will work, but your probably better off in the long run upgrading to a better controller board.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)