585,737 active members*
4,741 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Need a schematic

I am in need of the schematic for Fanuc board A16b-1000-0010-08f. The feedback connection for the z motor encoder is not working on the board side. It was verified to not be working by swapping x and y feedback cables in its place.
    Many thanks, Dan

Re: Need a schematic

Its been a while but if I recall correctly there are 2 chips associated with the main chunk of axis functionality on the older series controls.
    A black square chip (DAC?) and a grey rectangular chip with a gold name plate (VLSI?).
    I think the VLSI is a plug in (although the 1st 2 axis could be solder) and could possibly be your issue.
    I recall having to add these on occasion when adding a spindle or 3rd axis.
    I could also be recalling a different series control as well. Sorry I cant be more definitive but it could be a starting point.

There are also usually straps for each axis on that board. Possibly one fell off or is loose?

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    Its been a while but if I recall correctly there are 2 chips associated with the main chunk of axis functionality on the older series controls.
    A black square chip (DAC?) and a grey rectangular chip with a gold name plate (VLSI?).
    I think the VLSI is a plug in (although the 1st 2 axis could be solder) and could possibly be your issue.
    I recall having to add these on occasion when adding a spindle or 3rd axis.
    I could also be recalling a different series control as well. Sorry I cant be more definitive but it could be a starting point.

There are also usually straps for each axis on that board. Possibly one fell off or is loose?
    I have checked the jumpers and they are correct. I have a feeling the problem is on the board in a chip or something. Maybe a bad capacitor?

Maybe try swapping the 2nd (Z) and 3rd (spindle) VLSI chips. They should be exactly the same part # but confirm that..

Maybe try swapping the 2nd (Z) and 3rd (spindle) VLSI chips. They should be exactly the same part # but confirm that..
    Before I try that I need to positively identify the VLSI chips. Can you point them out in this picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20211031_200501.jpg  

3 grey chips with gold squares on the face 3/4 of the way down under the white Burndy connector. There is a white IC directly to the right. VLSI layout left to right; axis 1, 2, and spindle. Board may be etched with names or axis number. I believe the 3 square chips stacked vertically to the left are the dacs. Maintenance manual identifies all 3 chips as being the same but a visual check cant hurt. I looked through my archive and haven't located any 3 maintenance drawings.

3 grey chips with gold squares on the face 3/4 of the way down under the white Burndy connector. There is a white IC directly to the right. VLSI layout left to right; axis 1, 2, and spindle. Board may be etched with names or axis number. I believe the 3 square chips stacked vertically to the left are the dacs. Maintenance manual identifies all 3 chips as being the same but a visual check cant hurt. I looked through my archive and haven't located any 3 maintenance drawings.
    Ok I just wanted to make sure I knew which ones you meant. When I talked to the Fanuc tech he told me to try swapping the one on the right with one of the others. I did with no change. I think the next step is touching up the solder connection on the back of some of the chips/sockets you mentioned.

I have the scanned schematics. Send me an email [email protected].