585,973 active members*
4,100 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Squareness error compensation
Page 1 of 2 12

Squareness error compensation

Hello !

I have a slight squareness error (too little to be worth doing mechanical adjustments...)

I wonder if accramatic a2100 has compensation table for this error (like heidenhain does)
    (What it needs to do is move X axis while Y does a linear move)

Where can these be found in that case?

Cheers

Anttoni

Re: Squareness error compensation

Kwirk, The A2100 Control 3-Axis software does not have compensation for squareness; although the 5-Axis software with two X's, X & X' did.
    The machine bed was leveled using precision spirit levels and the leveling screws on a stable 1 foot concrete single piece floor.
    Shims were used on top of the linear way trucks if need to adjust parallelism of the top of the table while moving Y-axis.
    Normally the machine X-Y squareness was set last during the mechanical build to .0005" per 12" (0.0127mm / 304.7mm) using a precision granite square.
    The granite square was set parallel to the X-Axis Center precision T-Slot; the only one of the T-slots that is precision..
    The bolts on the Y-Axis linear trucks were not tightened and jack screws were used to adjust the squareness of the X-axis by making the side of the square
    parallel to the Y-axis. Then the Y-truck bolts were torqued to spec. Only a wreck or poor leveling would normally throw this out of whack.

Thank you for your reply
    The error i have is 0.013 for 500mm so i reckon i
    Will just let it roll for now.
    I can see a ever so slight variation on a big circle.
    Not because of backlash but of squareness .
    I have also checked this by milling a big square and flippin it and check it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwirk View Post
    I have also checked this by milling a big square and flippin it and check it.
    Hang on.....
    Is your 0.013/500 result based on this method ?
    ... then your report is faulty, as this method DOUBLES the error.
    0.0065/500 is a bloody good result, maybe a little more grease on the slideway (who knows?)

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Hang on.....
    Is your 0.013/500 result based on this method ?
    ... then your report is faulty, as this method DOUBLES the error.
    0.0065/500 is a bloody good result, maybe a little more grease on the slideway (who knows?)
    Hello. Yea i'm aware it doubles it. So i figured the error is indeed 0 013 for 500.

Kwirk, Not sure how you checked squareness; but have you verified the Gain and Balance are both equal and correct in Both Axes and Directions?

Quote Originally Posted by gwood View Post
    Kwirk, Not sure how you checked squareness; but have you verified the Gain and Balance are both equal and correct in Both Axes and Directions?
    Hello. I have not checked them
    But i'm very sure its angle error.
    I have had similar case where a ballbar test was made and the results were pretty much same as i got with my primitive style tests hah.

But i will check gain and balance thank you.

Kwirk, Check the Axis Balance and Gains; if good then check the X-Z & Y-Z Spindle Tram
    See Attachments:

Kwirk, Check the Axis Balance and Gains; if good then check the X-Z & Y-Z Spindle Tram
    See Attachments:
    Thanks . Tram in Z done with 300mm testbar.

As you guys seem to have knowledge of these.
    My machine is with servo dv5 card and a prof dp card
    Are these prof dp cards prone to fail?

How about dv5 cards? Are dv5 cards same in a non profibus machine?

DV5 card is the same in all A2100 controls, not a high failure rate board typically, Profibus Card even lower failure.
    Why are you asking. Symptoms?

DV5 card is the same in all A2100 controls, not a high failure rate board typically, Profibus Card even lower failure.
    Why are you asking. Symptoms?
    Nah. But i'm the type of guy who likes to collect spares before the parts actually fail haha. That way stuff never seems to fail haha.
    Seems though this stuff is relative easy to still find?

Nah. But i'm the type of guy who likes to collect spares before the parts actually fail haha. That way stuff never seems to fail haha.
    Seems though this stuff is relative easy to still find?
    At my stage of life, it's the personal RAM that's usually on the blink. Haven't found a place for the spares yet......

At my stage of life, it's the personal RAM that's usually on the blink. Haven't found a place for the spares yet......
    Born in 86 i still got alot chips to do
    Even though i wish cycle time of life was slower.

Born in 86 i still got alot chips to do
    Even though i wish cycle time of life was slower.
    Gawd.... I got a 1/4 century on you, still got petrol in the tank, just a little slower on acceleration. My eldest is only 4 yrs under you....
    But... the world is at your feet, let's see what the next gen brings.

Gawd.... I got a 1/4 century on you, still got petrol in the tank, just a little slower on acceleration. My eldest is only 4 yrs under you....
    But... the world is at your feet, let's see what the next gen brings.
    Pm sent. But i doubt it got sent for some reason.
    Let me know.

Kwirk, Low Batteries on WSCPU and RTCPU boards are problems; unless the batteries are changed under power on the bench.
    The WSCPU settings are documented in the A2100 Control Reference manual; but the RTCPUs are not; some people have
    put the board on a bench with an ISA video driver board, display and AT-PS2 power supply and documented the settings.
    Normally we reflashed the RTCPU on a bench with a floppy disk program. [email protected] can do this,
    as well as Siemens Mason, OH if they still support the A2100.
    The ET200 rack has failures and is had to trouble shoot unless you have a newer IM-151 with newer diagnostic codes.
    Siemens has dropped support on some of the servo drives; which may be a problem.
    With SomocomU the parameters can be backed up from the drives.

Kwirk, Low Batteries on WSCPU and RTCPU boards are problems; unless the batteries are changed under power on the bench.
    The WSCPU settings are documented in the A2100 Control Reference manual; but the RTCPUs are not; some people have
    put the board on a bench with an ISA video driver board, display and AT-PS2 power supply and documented the settings.
    Normally we reflashed the RTCPU on a bench with a floppy disk program. [email protected] can do this,
    as well as Siemens Mason, OH if they still support the A2100.
    The ET200 rack has failures and is had to trouble shoot unless you have a newer IM-151 with newer diagnostic codes.
    Siemens has dropped support on some of the servo drives; which may be a problem.
    With SomocomU the parameters can be backed up from the drives.
    Thanks. That it something i have read. I am in sweden so sending the boards across the sea would suck.
    I hope siemens here in europe has some sort of support.
    Im thinking of taking the boards to a computer guy who has
    Computers from nt era (made my backup hd on one).
    Meaby he can change the batteries under safe condition.

In the field I have taken the Power supply out of the A2100 control; put it on a bench, hooked up the P1 & P2 power connectors with the
    Black wires of each plug in the middle side-by-side. Used an old plug from a PC, or Video Display to power on the power supply;
    then changed the battery. I have previous posts with handouts on checking the battery on the board without losing the settings in RAM.

In the field I have taken the Power supply out of the A2100 control; put it on a bench, hooked up the P1 & P2 power connectors with the
    Black wires of each plug in the middle side-by-side. Used an old plug from a PC, or Video Display to power on the power supply;
    then changed the battery. I have previous posts with handouts on checking the battery on the board without losing the settings in RAM.
    Cheers man.
    I will search for them.
    Great info.. really big thanks.

Another question. To be honest, i havent really looked much in to the acramatic box but it all begins to clear..i quess tthe wscpu is pretty straight forward to pop out with the power supply.

But the Rtcpu . Where does one feed it with power when changing the battery?.

Thanks for your time.

Page 1 of 2 12