584,833 active members*
5,370 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

It's Time To Move On

My Tormach 770 has sat idle for about a year and a half.

I originally bought it to make my own scope mounts, bullet molds and stuff like that with. I've made some pretty cool stuff with it over the years. I've been able to make my own spiral fluted rifle barrels etc. Another item I've been making batches of once a year and have had success in selling to buyers around the world was a specific Match-Grade-Trigger Sear for the Umarex Octane line of air guns.

Within that last couple of years though, I've gotten more and more into 3D printing.

I can now make many of the same things on my 3D printer that I used to use my Tormach for.

I've fought the urge to sell my 770 because I knew that no sooner than it was sold that I'd kick myself for getting rid of it.

Now I think it's time to move on. I'll probably replace it with just a smaller or smallish benchtop vertical manual mill just to have something I can still use to do some rudimentary milling with.

It seems like I've had it forever. In reality I bought brand new back in about 2009. I bought it with tool holders and the auto-lube and the fourth axis setup.

I can't remember exactly how to find the total hours that this machine has been used. I'll have to look that up in my manual. I'm pretty sure it will show up as low hours of actual run time. When one considers that I've owned it since back in 2009, the total run time hours might be considered very low hours.

I just wanted to let any interested parties know I'm moving on from CNC to 3D printing.

I'm in Arizona. If any of you knows anyone in Arizona who might be interest, message me. Hopefully we can work something out. I can post detailed photos if or when anyone shows genuine interest.

MetaShavings

Re: It's Time To Move On

It's been quite a while since I posted this possible sale. That's turned out to be a good thing for me.

I found that I needed my little Tormach 770 to do one last project. This project was also done to make sure that everything about my mill was still in good working order.

Only recently have I had the chance to really inspect it thoroughly to see if there was anything that needed my attention before I post it for sale. The only thing I could find that might need any tending to is the Spindle Pulley belt. It seems that while it sat idle for over a year our Arizona heat dried it out a bit so, just to make sure no problems arise from it I'll be ordering a replacement for it within the next few days. Easy fix.

If or when it sells the buyer will have a new belt in place with the old belt as a stand by if ever needed. The old pulley belt still functions just fine, I just can't stand the thought of the cracks in the existing belt possibly developing into deal breaker.

In reviewing all the paperwork that came with my mill package I found that I didn't take delivery of it until 2012. I could have sworn I bought it back 2009. Oh well, this just means that it's two years younger than my original post indicated.

I'll be editing a short video of this machine, and everything included with it within the next few days. I'll be back soon with a link to that video for anyone who may be interested. I'll also be posting it for sale on several other platforms besides the CNCZONE forum so hopefully the sale of this Tormach 770 PCNC will be quick and painless.

Yea, hopefully I can find a good home for it.

Just to be clear; I don't really need to sell it. It's just that right now it's just taking up space in my already tiny, cramped workshop. I don't want to part it out and I don't want to trade. I'd just like to sell it as it is. If it doesn't sell, well then it will just be a big expensive dust collector for the time being until someone does buy it.

I'll be back with that video link once I get farther along with the video editing.

MetalShavings

My Tormach 770 PCNC Needs A New Home

This Tormach 770 PCNC mill is approximately ten years old.

I purchased it brand new around the tail end of 2011 and took delivery of it in early 2012 sometime.I'm selling it basically as the same package as I bought it. It is being sold AS-IS.

I hate to use the words, "AS-IS" because it carries with it a sort of stigma of un-reliabilty. This mill is in reliable working order.

My only dread in selling this mill is that it may be purchased by someone who doesn't know their way around a CNC mill.

What this means is that such a person is more prone to create problems that would not otherwise be present had they been familiar with CNC mills in general or if they fail to read the instruction manual thoroughly.

Such buyers tend to blame these types of problems on the seller or on the items they've purchased; and, I'm afraid that simply stating this dread makes me come across as one giant arrogant prick.

Ideally, I'd just like to be able to sell to someone who has some working knowledge of CNC milling.

This USED Tormach 770 PCNC comes with the following items:

Computer Controller

SprutCam Software

Tormach Vice

Tool Height Gauge and Gauge Block

Several 1/4", 1/2" and 3/8" Tormach tool holders

ER Tool Holders

Drill Chuck Tool Holders

Setup Bar-Bracket and Chain

Fourth-Axis Setup

Fourth-Axis Tail-Stock

Rudimentary Home Made Enclosure (If wanted)

Automatic Oiler

DIY Coolant System (If wanted)

Detailed descriptions of all but the two DIY items can be found on the Tormach Website. The only difference between those listed on the Tormach website and the items included in this sale is that my "For-Sale" items are no longer brand new.

If or when you visit the Tormach website to check out these details, take note of the prices now being asked for each of these very same items; especially the 770 mill itself.

Inevitably, any time anyone posts items such as this for sale it tends to trigger or attract those lurking self-appointed internet experts who feel compelled to impress us with their vast stores of machining wisdom. I'm relatively sure that this time around will be no different so I'd like to say up front.

There's a simple solution to anything negative that such a personality type might interject. It's so simple in fact that it can easily be misconstrued as disrespectful or smart-alecky.

IF you have something negative to say about the items I'm selling or the way I'm going about it then, this is obviously not for you. Don't buy it. Nuff said. Problem solved.

I'm located in Mesa, Arizona.

I do NOT have the means to ship or deliver this package deal. I do NOT want to barter and I do NOT want to part it out. Arrangements must be made by the buyer to pick this package up at the place where it is located.

I will be happy to help dismantle and move this mill package to the vehicle you bring to pick up your purchase with. I'll even make up some wooden cross supports in advance to facilitate the secure carry of the mill on your transport vehicle. Payment method for this purchase must be agreed upon before all of this takes place.

As I've stated in the video, I want to sell it to make room for something smaller but, I DO NOT NEED TO SELL this Tormach 770 package. If it doesn't sell, I'm OK with it.

I invite you to message me for contact information if you are interested.Thanks for taking the time to read through all my ramblings; and for taking the time to check out what I'm selling.

Please accept my apologies for any offence in the wording of my description. Offending folks was not the intent of this description but, if you've ever had to deal with the number of self-appointed online experts that I have, you might be inclined word your descriptions in a similar manner.

https://youtu.be/6abX2Akhqgs

Re: My Tormach 770 PCNC Needs A New Home

How much is it?

Re: My Tormach 770 PCNC Needs A New Home

10 Grand for the lot of it.