584,800 active members*
4,717 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Increase memory - Acramatic A2100

Increase memory - Acramatic A2100

Running into the problem of not having enough storage space in the programme memory. 250kb is the max and I just ran one toolpath from Fusion on a 30mm diameter that came out at 210kb...

I've had the odd go at drip-feeding the code, but would be super nice to have more storage space. The hard drive has been upgraded to SSD so I find it hard to believe there isn't more space on there somewhere.

Re: Increase memory - Acramatic A2100

I don't believe I ever sold an A2100 machine with less than 4MB of program storage so the amount of memory you are referencing sounds extremely small. The hard drive size does not directly apply to the amount of program storage the control has because additional program storage was sold as a control options (keep in mind this control was sold when Fanuc was still quoting memory in terms of "feet of tape" at extremely high prices rather than Megabytes or Gigabytes that Cincinnati was). Perhaps your options are not configured properly to allow access to the additional program storage that was likely purchased with it.

I believe Siemens will still sell options for larger program storage if you are interested, but even if you have limited program storage, you can still save the file on the control's hard drive (or network drive) and when registering the program use the "Register External" function. This links the program to the external file rather than taking up the program storage.

Thanks marer1ck!

I am currently using DNC4U to transfer the programs into the program manager, how do I get them onto the hard drive instead? Will I need to get a network card and set up a network, or is there a way to simply upload files into the C: directory?

I've never done it via DNC but have using network and floppy.

I have sent/received files over DNC on Windows systems (just not to the A2100) so I'm sure it is possible just not sure what you would need to do with DNC4U.

OK.
    What do I need to a network or a floppy? Obviously not going to be playing with floppy disks, but is there a way to connect a USB stick to the floppy port?

A couple of my arrows have like no program storage...option was not purchased so i think its like 150k of program storage.

It's not a problem though because you don't need it if you can figure out how to get the files on the hard drive....I installed network cards in all of my machines....

So what I do is copy the program to the hard drive through the network then use the way in the attacehed photo to run the program.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211121_093944.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	472758

Thank you coop31

I am leaning towards the network card but I'm not sure which one to get...

Hi, Burf86

I wrote how to install a network card in this post a while ago;

https://www.cnczone.com/forums/cinci...ml#post2197184

You should be good to go if you get a network card within the list of installed drivers on the WS that also fit in one of the available bridge board-slots.

Regards

Thanks for the help guys. I found a network card on ebay for £30, a bloke installed it and set the network up and now I'm up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Burf86 View Post
    Thanks for the help guys. I found a network card on ebay for £30, a bloke installed it and set the network up and now I'm up and running.
    What network card did you have installed? I've got a particular 3Com card installed, but I'm having a heck of a time getting it to work, possibly a driver issue. No floppy drive on my machine, so not ideal.
    Thanks!

If you did not purchase the network option, you must go through windows NT to set it up. If you look at the option screen it should tell you if the network option was purchased.

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Hi, I have retrofitted by A2100s with 828Ds and have the full system in spare. Mine had an option wherein I could execute much larger programs and a good amount of storage as well, and it had a floppy port which was replaced and made into USB through an emulator (however, I think individual program sizes were limited to 1.44 MB or whatever the floppy size limit was)

If you are interested I would be happy to sell this at a price which would be hopefully good for both of us.

Also have all the drives etc available if needed (I swapped out the control on 2 machines)