585,956 active members*
4,450 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Lightbulb Alarm code 14:Emergency/Reset

I have a 1985 Amada OCTO 334 with a Fanuc System 6Mb Series M31 Version 03 Controller. I have recently began running it after it sat for a couple months. It ran successfully for a 3 weeks no problems. Shut it down on Friday and come in Monday to turn it on and it did not go into "NC Ready" status. check the alarm code and its spits out a external alarm 14 emergency/reset. I have checked both emergency switches and check most relays concerning the emergency signal circuit (EMX,EM).I've checked under the diagnostics and #38 bit #4 is the emergency stop button. It is a 0 and if i'm not mistaken it should be a 1. I did a little test of watching the signal for the emergency switch on the machine and can watch the signal turn from 1 to 0 when i push it and from 0 back to 1 when when i release it. So although i've checked the switch already , i believe it has something to do with the signal that comes from the controllers switch and where ever that signal is carried is where i can find the problem .I have been informed that the code is a builders alarm and not just an alarm the the NC. If so how could i find out what initial check the NC is checking that may not be passing (low hydraulic oil, low air pressure etc.)

Is there a relay i dont know about?
    Could it be a bad ground or the wire coming from the switch have a break in it?

any suggestions or brainstorming would be appreciated!

Re: Alarm code 14:Emergency/Reset

Quote Originally Posted by Cali952 View Post
    I have a 1985 Amada OCTO 334 with a Fanuc System 6Mb Series M31 Version 03 Controller. I have recently began running it after it sat for a couple months. It ran successfully for a 3 weeks no problems. Shut it down on Friday and come in Monday to turn it on and it did not go into "NC Ready" status. check the alarm code and its spits out a external alarm 14 emergency/reset. I have checked both emergency switches and check most relays concerning the emergency signal circuit (EMX,EM).I've checked under the diagnostics and #38 bit #4 is the emergency stop button. It is a 0 and if i'm not mistaken it should be a 1. I did a little test of watching the signal for the emergency switch on the machine and can watch the signal turn from 1 to 0 when i push it and from 0 back to 1 when when i release it. So although i've checked the switch already , i believe it has something to do with the signal that comes from the controllers switch and where ever that signal is carried is where i can find the problem .I have been informed that the code is a builders alarm and not just an alarm the the NC. If so how could i find out what initial check the NC is checking that may not be passing (low hydraulic oil, low air pressure etc.)

Is there a relay i dont know about?
    Could it be a bad ground or the wire coming from the switch have a break in it?

any suggestions or brainstorming would be appreciated!
    I have the same problem on AMADA 344 PEGA FANUC 6 did you manage to figure out what the problem was?

Did you solve your problem? I have the same problem with my Pega 244..

Did you solve your problem? I have the same problem with my Pega 357..

Hi, did you solve the problem? i have the same problem with pega 244