585,737 active members*
4,542 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

atc spindle setup

hi everyone.

i have a 10*5 cnc router with a 4.5kw spindle , non atc.
    i have purchased a hqd 6,5 kw atc spindle and vfd, i am running uccnc with an uc300eth-5lpt controller and a ucbb bob which i upgraded to from a chinese controller and mach3 , apart from the spindle and vfd what other items are needed for the air side of things ,i have a 300 litre compressor also what solenoids are needed ,anyone have any step by step guides of there own setup to atc or know of any good videos available so i can get my head around it.im not using the router at the minute due to other commtments so i have loads of time to get it sorted.

thanks voyager1972.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails atc spindle.jpg   fuling vfd.jpg   fuling vfd2.jpg  

Re: atc spindle setup

after 2 years of sitting in a box i finally mounted the 6kw hqd atc spindle which i have connected to the vfd and is running smooth , at present i plan to use the manual toolchange button until i get my head around the auto toolchange and macro side of things.. i am using the uc300eth-5lpt with the ucbb with uccnc , i understand how to get the solenoid working with the button , my question is does this have to be connected through the breakout board ? and is there safety measures i need to put in place in case of a tool ejection when the spindle is in use , any advice would be much appreciated. thanks