584,860 active members*
5,165 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

OMTech 40 Watt

Please do not take this as sarcastic, but can someone explain why you would pay $100 to $200 more for an OM Tech 40 Watt over a Chinese K40. And then you still have to upgrade the controller to us Lightburn. Getting ready to do an upgrade from Neje Master 2.
    Thank you.

Bobby

Re: OMTech 40 Watt

Quote Originally Posted by rfhall50 View Post
    Please do not take this as sarcastic, but can someone explain why you would pay $100 to $200 more for an OM Tech 40 Watt over a Chinese K40. And then you still have to upgrade the controller to us Lightburn. Getting ready to do an upgrade from Neje Master 2.
    Thank you.

Bobby
    Bobby,

I will caveat this with I dont have a pew pew machine yet. I was looking at a Glowforge then it has just all spiraled out of control. Im now looking at a 80W Omtech and figuring out if I am going to run the exhaust to an output on my garage roof or am I going to pay someone..... with still no purchased machine.

What I can say after reading and watching video's and reading then reading some more while watching videos is.... I would rather deal with a known stateside (Omtech) entity then with something overseas. However my purchase is a little larger then yours so maybe you can deal with the wait.

Obviously always buying anything (Car, video game, food) is a crap shoot. Sometimes you just end up with the worse one. If so I want to ensure Im protected financially as well as I can.

It just depends on how comfortable you are with the purchase.

Re: OMTech 40 Watt

Well put. Thanks.