584,808 active members*
5,139 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Need Help! Fanuc 15-TTA, Axis does not move!!!

Need Help! Fanuc 15-TTA, Axis does not move!!!

Hi everyone!

I am new to a Axis Hollow Spindle Lathe with Fanuc 15-TTA Control.

The operator told me they changed the battery this April, at that time there was an alarm SLC ERROR 84 , but does not remember this message come up before or after battery replacement.

And now this alarm does not show up anymore. Only “zero return required” showing up when the machine powers up.

I can select JOG, MDI and other modes, but in each mode, I cannot select axis, X1 Z1 X2 Z2 buttons are still flashing, they do not change to solid, so any axis does not move and no other alarms show up.

I read the ladder, for X1.JOG, the relay MJ is not energized, what can I do to fix that?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2.jpg   3.jpg  

Re: Need Help! Fanuc 15-TTA, Axis does not move!!!

MJ is a NC status indicator that indicates the control is in Jog mode. G3.2 is Jog selection and G2.7 is Home mode selection. If G3.2 is on MJ will activate provided the control is "ready".
    IE "NOT READY", "RESET", "EMG" is not indicated in the status bar on the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for replying.
    So is it a parameter problem?

Quote Originally Posted by dongZ View Post
    Thanks for replying.
    So is it a parameter problem?
    Hello
    Check parameter 1815 and compare it to your parameter list, if you have.
    Regards
    AlexFanuc

Unknown whether its parameter or some interlock in the PLC. What you showed initially is a rung in the ladder where MJ is not on. this needs to be pursued further provided all other conditions as mentioned previously are met.
    IE "NOT READY", "RESET", "EMG" is not indicated in the status bar on the bottom of the screen.

The LEDs over the individual axes are flashing because before they can be moved, they must be referenced. There should be a “REF” or “ZRN” mode button (reference and zero return, respectively) on your operator panel.

The MTB maybe have a specific procedure for sending your axes home. I would assume your operator would know.

Do you know if this machine has decel switches (dogs) or absolute pulse coders? On a 15 control I would assume it has decel switches which tells me you didn’t lose your home position as it’s technically defined via hardware

You’ll need to find out what the homing procedure is for this machine/MTB. For example, the generic procedure for a lathe with decel switches is to move the axes for several turns of the ball screw (couple inches) in the + direction and then press the - direction button for each axis and they should rapid towards the decel switches. Once they hit the decel switches, they use grid shift to determine when to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by alexfanuc View Post
    Hello
    Check parameter 1815 and compare it to your parameter list, if you have.
    Regards
    AlexFanuc
    Thank you. Parameter is 0. but i do not have parameter list.
    ’‘

Quote Originally Posted by oetkbyentc View Post
    Unknown whether its parameter or some interlock in the PLC. What you showed initially is a rung in the ladder where MJ is not on. this needs to be pursued further provided all other conditions as mentioned previously are met.
    Thank you. I test Emergency stop is good. and I believe "reset" is good, it can reset other faults. I do not know how to test "not ready" signal.

Quote Originally Posted by bumzag View Post
    The LEDs over the individual axes are flashing because before they can be moved, they must be referenced. There should be a “REF” or “ZRN” mode button (reference and zero return, respectively) on your operator panel.

The MTB maybe have a specific procedure for sending your axes home. I would assume your operator would know.

Do you know if this machine has decel switches (dogs) or absolute pulse coders? On a 15 control I would assume it has decel switches which tells me you didn’t lose your home position as it’s technically defined via hardware

You’ll need to find out what the homing procedure is for this machine/MTB. For example, the generic procedure for a lathe with decel switches is to move the axes for several turns of the ball screw (couple inches) in the + direction and then press the - direction button for each axis and they should rapid towards the decel switches. Once they hit the decel switches, they use grid shift to determine when to stop.
    Thank you. In the manual it is easy to home the axis,( i attached photo), but the axis does not move. I have followed some homing procedure from internet, liking set 1815 APZ to 0, then to1....,but still does not work.

I upload the power up video, that will make it clearly to tell what is happening there..

home required from the manual

it is the video when the machine power up.

Look at your video at the 42 seconds mark. I see a rotatory switch turned all the way to 0%.Maybe to feed rate ?

Alright so according to the procedure, I was really close. The switch it's referring to is a hardware deceleration switch. The axes cannot be on that switch when/if you attempt to home an axis out.

Try holding P + cancel when powering the machine on. Keep holding those two buttons and try moving any axis in the "-" direction. If it allows you to move the axis, it's possible your pulse coder lost it's brain and didn't know where it was.

Also, what in the world did you film that video on it's so hard to see what's going on lol sorry

Quote Originally Posted by drdos View Post
    Look at your video at the 42 seconds mark. I see a rotatory switch turned all the way to 0%.Maybe to feed rate ?
    we have tested set feed rate at 25% 50% 100%?still does not move.
    Thank you.

Alright so according to the procedure, I was really close. The switch it's referring to is a hardware deceleration switch. The axes cannot be on that switch when/if you attempt to home an axis out.

Try holding P + cancel when powering the machine on. Keep holding those two buttons and try moving any axis in the "-" direction. If it allows you to move the axis, it's possible your pulse coder lost it's brain and didn't know where it was.

Also, what in the world did you film that video on it's so hard to see what's going on lol sorry
    I just tried holding P+cancel while power up and continue holding them, and i still cannot select axis, X1 X2,Z1 Z2, those lights are still flashing. Thank you.

There’s clearly some sort of interlock or combination of buttons that have to be pressed/held in order to home the axes. Those blinking LEDs will continue to blink until each axis is at its home position.

I worked on a machine once where, in order to home the axes, you’d put the machine in Jog mode, and there was an additional button for “Home” that needed to be turned on as well as Jog. Then you’d move the X and Z a few turns of the ball screw in the + direction so the pulse coder could establish itself. Then you’d old X- and Z- until they moved towards the decel switches and continue holding until they account for grid shift and then they were home.

Anything similar in this case?

There’s clearly some sort of interlock or combination of buttons that have to be pressed/held in order to home the axes. Those blinking LEDs will continue to blink until each axis is at its home position.

I worked on a machine once where, in order to home the axes, you’d put the machine in Jog mode, and there was an additional button for “Home” that needed to be turned on as well as Jog. Then you’d move the X and Z a few turns of the ball screw in the + direction so the pulse coder could establish itself. Then you’d old X- and Z- until they moved towards the decel switches and continue holding until they account for grid shift and then they were home.

Anything similar in this case?
    According to the manual, zero return is simple: first , press jog button, select desired axis "-" off the switch; then, press home button, move the axis...If it is an interlock problem ,do you think there should be some messages showing up? We have tested close the air, and the "air close" message showing up on the monitor.

My boss yesterday told me, before they power off this machine about 2 years ago, it worked well. And this April, after they changed D cell Battery, this machine stopping working in this way. Is this info helpful to determine the root cause?

Thank you.