585,712 active members*
3,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Having problems with my new Scroll air Compressor
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Having problems with my new Scroll air Compressor

It's been a long process trying to get this compressor working correctly, but its finally working great!

I added a Acme Electric model A3015K0310B transformer ( Buck Boost Transformer ) to help get my voltage set closer to the safe voltage that the compressor was looking for.

The transformer ran around $600

I contacted the manufacture of the transformer and they gave me the correct wiring configuration to get our output voltage at aprx 234v

There are various wires inside the transformer and depending on how they are hooked up with get you to the desired voltage. ( the wiring configuration they gave me wasn't in the manual )

You can either raise your voltage or lower it depending on what wires you use on the inside.

This has now solved the issue of the over voltage alarms, and it has also solved the issue of the contacts chattering when they engage.

So we are good to go...

Re: Having problems with my new Scroll air Compressor

Quote Originally Posted by kentdesautel13 View Post
    It's been a long process trying to get this compressor working correctly, but its finally working great!

I added a Acme Electric model A3015K0310B transformer ( Buck Boost Transformer ) to help get my voltage set closer to the safe voltage that the compressor was looking for.

The transformer ran around $600

I contacted the manufacture of the transformer and they gave me the correct wiring configuration to get our output voltage at aprx 234v

There are various wires inside the transformer and depending on how they are hooked up with get you to the desired voltage. ( the wiring configuration they gave me wasn't in the manual )

You can either raise your voltage or lower it depending on what wires you use on the inside.

This has now solved the issue of the over voltage alarms, and it has also solved the issue of the contacts chattering when they engage.

So we are good to go...
    It's been a little journey, but more expense than was needed though, once you had committed to the transformer, you had to make that work, it looks like the compressor is wired then for a 230v supply and NA 240v was just a little too much inrush for the cooling fan.
    Mactec54

Page 2 of 2 12