584,814 active members*
5,169 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Novakon > Vista p2-s Pendant PathPilot

Vista p2-s Pendant PathPilot

I know this has been addressed before but I couldn't get the information I was looking for. So, bottom line is "has anyone installed a Vista p2-s pendant on a torus pro being piloted by pathpilot? I see that Vista lists drivers for PP and Linux on their site but I'm sure it is for a Tocmach installation and not a Novakon. I would just jump in and give it a shot but I just recently got PP up and running on my machine and I'm reluctant to screw with anything just yet. I'd like to cut a few things first before messing it up again!
    I have a shuttle attached at the moment but had rather have my Vista unit. The shuttle is a bit like playing video games.
    Have a good weekend guys.(and gals).
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Re: Vista p2-s Pendant PathPilot

Bill,

Then pendant driver neither knows nor cares whether the machine is a Tormach, Novakon, or anything else. It only knows it is running with PathPilot. If Vista supports PathPilot, it will work.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Thanks Ray;
    Didn't have a chance to load the drivers this weekend so maybe next!
    I'll post the results.
    B
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Several Tormach users have tried the Vista drivers with limited success. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Several Tormach users have tried the Vista drivers with limited success. Good luck!
    Have ANY of those people informed Lee at VistaCNC, and worked with him to resolve the problems? He provides VERY good support, and works very hard to make sure his products work as advertised. I can't imagine he would not bend over backwards to resolve ANY problems that are reported to him.

Regards,
    Ray L.

I emailed him shortly after the files were available for PP, never got a reply from him. I had emailed him prior to PP and always got a reply so I am relatively sure the email addy was good.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I emailed him shortly after the files were available for PP, never got a reply from him. I had emailed him prior to PP and always got a reply so I am relatively sure the email addy was good.
    I would send it again, to [email protected]. I've been dealing with Lee for over 10 years, and he has always been VERY responsive.

Regards,
    Ray L.

Quote Originally Posted by SCzEngrgGroup View Post
    I would send it again, to [email protected]. I've been dealing with Lee for over 10 years, and he has always been VERY responsive.

Regards,
    Ray L.
    Hi I am trying to contact them because I really want to buy their pendants but I have not had any reply at ALL.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elkc...R8a9UbaHYj2y0Q, Somewhere else is also mentioned that they do not reply to emails (min 17.40)

I need a phone number so I can talk to them. Do you have it?

Best wishes

Pablo

It's Remembrance in Canada and the USA. It's quite likely no one is there today.

FWIW, I have one of these pendants for my PathPilot PCNC 1100 mill and SBL lathe and it works fine with both. No special drivers or updates needed so long as you are running a recent version of PathPilot.

https://www.madewithcnc.com/