My current Haas mill has an umbrella style tool holder, and it's easy for me to keep track of the tools, for example If I'm running a job and I put a 3/16 drill bit into tool holder 7 when the job is done I know where to find it afterwards so that I can put my plastic tag back on that tool so that I can keep track of it in the storage rack.

I recently purchased a DM-2 that has the side mount tool holder, and I haven't got it hooked up yet, but I've been watching the haas videos and it sounds like the machine will be constantly changing the pocket location in the side mount tool holder.

So I'm just curious how most people keep track of their tools once they are in the machine, or when they are being taken out of the machine for storage in the tool rack?

Especially when you have several drill bits that are close in diameter.... it seems like it would be a real hassle trying to keep track of the tools.

Maybe I'm not understanding the videos correctly?

I'm sure once I get it up and running it will make more sense to me..... but just curious how you guys handle this?

Thanks,

Kent