584,858 active members*
4,688 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Maintenance in General > SERVICE FOR CNC-MACHINES > HELP NEEDED Servos will not turn on without pressing "Reset Overtravel" button

HELP NEEDED Servos will not turn on without pressing "Reset Overtravel" button

Chevalier 1418 VMC with Anilam 6000M Controller version 3.01A software
    Machine booted up oddly yesterday.
    Screen showed an error but the screen went blank before we could even start to read the error.
    The boot processed would not go any further so we had to reboot the machine to get it back up.
    It booted back up correctly but now the servos will not turn on normally by pressing the "Servo Reset" button which of course prevents us from being able to "Home" the machine.
    If we press and hold the "Reset Overtravel" button we can then press the "Servo Reset" button and the servos start and we can then press the "Home" button.
    The Home process then starts and gets through the Z axis but when it switches to the Y axis it just runs all the way to the back of the machine until it can't move anymore and then errors out stating the home operation cannot be completed.
    Normally the Home procedure would run the Z up, then run the Y to the front of the machine and then run the X to the right side of the machine.
    We reloaded the software thinking maybe it was just a hard drive corruption issue but that did not change anything.
    We then changed the machine constants to not require the Home procedure when the machine first boots up.
    That allowed us to at least check everything else to make sure everything was working.
    We have no problem moving all the axis etc so I don't think it is an inverter or motor issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: HELP NEEDED Servos will not turn on without pressing "Reset Overtravel" button

Sounds like a problem with the Y axis limit switch. That's what I would check first.

Re: HELP NEEDED Servos will not turn on without pressing "Reset Overtravel" button

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    Sounds like a problem with the Y axis limit switch. That's what I would check first.
    Well, it wasn't so much an issue with the machine as it was with a rather large rodent, that I still have not caught yet.
    It was living in my Y axis way guard and munching on my wiring.
    Thanks for the input.