584,862 active members*
5,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Need advice mounting Z assembly/Dewalt 611

Need advice mounting Z assembly/Dewalt 611

I purchased this Z assembly and the Dewalt DWP611 but now I am having trouble trying to figure out the best way to mount them.

Are there any mounts or adapter plates out there for the Dewalt DWP611 (69-71mm) that will bolt up to this Z assembly? Or do I have to fabricate something myself?

I thought about reversing the Z axis so I can mount the Dewalt to the 30150 aluminum extrusion but I still cannot find a way to do it without fabricating something. Plus the Z axis would be very heavy that way.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

Re: Need advice mounting Z assembly/Dewalt 611

Found this on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28361478741...UAAOSw-jBdfajr

I am sure you will probably have to drill and tap some holes, but at least you dont have to bore out a 70mm hole.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Yeah I found a few mounts for the DWP611 but I do not see any bolt on solution. Looks like I will have to make some kind of adapter plate. All the added mounting plates that go on these CNC's don't seem to be the best design. I would think that keeping everything as tight/close to the axes mounting points would provide less stress/leverage on that axis.

I found these as well:

Seems like this one would be a little heavy. But I like the design feature of being able to tilt the spindle/router without trying to shim things.

I am curious how these thinner clamps would hold up when working on something like aluminum? Do people double up these clamps or just use a single?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sray View Post
    I am curious how these thinner clamps would hold up when working on something like aluminum? Do people double up these clamps or just use a single?

No question you would need two of these to have any rigidity.

I fabricated the Mount.

The main part of the clamp is a pair of steel sheets wrapped around the body and tac welded. Band clamps hold it tight. I converted from MIG to TIG after this so the welding is crude, but it works. The mount can be made from steel found in local stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input guys! I guess I will need to add a mount to my list of things I need to make.